“A regular visit”

Ranked #53 of 96 Restaurants in Ilha do Sal
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An authentic Indian restuarant, with genuine Indian chefs and Indian decor imported from Rajesthan.Bombay Brasserie has an extensive menu, and the owners are happy to order any other dish you may fancy.
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We've been going to this restaurant for about 4 years, every time we visit Sal. Atmosphere is lovely & the food is very authentic. We actually try to resist going because there's so much choice in Santa Maria and it seems wrong to go for a curry when there are so many back home!!

But it's a lovely little place, the staff are friendly and the foods great. The Samosas are wonderfully hand made, but we particularly like the special Goan curry (right at the back of the menu!). We normally ask for more buttered nan too - must remember to order double next time!

It's right opposite the Morabeza for anyone looking for it.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Took my brother and niece here on latest visit to Sal. Ashok and Monica, the friendly owners, were travelling and the restaurant was being run by Avi, their son, who was a great host. Had a Chicken Tara, which I remembered as being too fiery for my taste. However he got the chef to scale down the heat and it was delicious! He was also more than generous with complimentary drinks and fun stories..! :) A Swedish couple next to us were also very enthusiastic about the food. The restaurant ha been recommended to them by friends..

Will be back!

1  Thank SunnySalVerde
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We have been at this restaurant several times, and always experienced good authentic quality indian food. They also have a wide variation of good vegetarian food. In addition, the restaurant has something other restaurants around the world often lack - the manager and his staff are very engaging. They care for their guests and want to assure that you´ve had a good and tasteful experience. They are very helpful and if you need accommodation, check in and book a room at their little cozy hotel.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

We are from Leeds and enjoy our local Aagragh restaurants, great food and filling.

We have been going to Sal for several years and have never been tempted to go and have a curry until this last visit, when we thought it was only fair to give it a try, as so many people had asked about it.

Don't be fooled by the english speaking owner who is very nice and does make you welcome, however the food was not great. My husband who eats india food at our local is alway stuffed when he has eaten. Here the portions are small he ate Chicken jalfrezy and I had the lamb biryani. Although the lamb was tender I had only 4 small chunks of lamb. The owner said it was a big portion, and I would probably have to take some of it way with me, so i expected a bigger dish. The owner was wrong it was not a huge portion other than for the large portion of boiled tasteless rice, which was over salted with some curry sauce which could have come from a jar for all I know. The cost of the Lamb dish was 1750 CVE about £15 . My husband was starving so finished off my dish of rice to fill up. We paid the bill and they assumed I was happy to leave my change of 600 CVE as a tip, which I would have been happy to give a tip but was not impressed it was assumed ad my change never arrived. Never again, will we visit, but to be fair the Chicken jalfrezy was ok if you are staying in the All inclusive RIU hotel where anything is better than the food up there. Anyone with a good appetite might want to double up the portions. But be prepared it will cost you.

1  Thank Pauline B
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Found this little indian restaurant in Santa Maria and glad we did.
The food we had was very good. We tried a Goan curry which was one of the nicest curry's iv had abroad, and the nan bread was gorgeous.
My husbands choice wasn't quite as good but still enjoyed the night and this restaurant is worth a visit, and the next time we go to Santa Maria in Sal we will be visiting again.