Porta do Vento
US$179
US$175
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Dunas de Sal(Santa Maria)
US$111
US$106
US$266
Hotels.com
US$190
US$166
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Odjo d'agua Hotel(Santa Maria)
US$129
Hotel Morabeza(Santa Maria)
US$171
US$158
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Funana(Santa Maria)
US$198
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewssmall hotelbohemian stylequiet streethotel ownermins walk awaystay there againcleaned every daycamillasalcomplexspiritswind
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The hotel is small which suited us. It is so close to the centre of town and the beach but in a quiet street. The landlady Camilla is very charming and looked after us very well. We spent a few happy hours on the porch enjoying a glass of wine or a beer. The rooms are small with a balcony but spotlessly clean. Delicious bread for breakfast with a little ham and cheese and good coffee. Great value. Would recommend to anyone travelling to Sal.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank moojea
Reviewed 25 October 2012

It’s a cute hotel with a very personal service, which I adore. It makes you feel like you’re at home away from home.
The hotel is located very close to the centre of Santa Maria, and about a 5 minute-walk from the beach.
I liked it a lot because I like personal treatment when I travel alone.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank trvlgrll
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I arrived here booking on Expedia to find that I don't have a booking! the Italian lady who owns the place is really helpful and she tells me I can stay but only for 5 days when I am here for 14days. I was traveling solo so this was quite stressful for me. She was absolutely great and sorted all this out with her agency for me to stay for my whole duration. There is a problem though, you don't get a key to the front door so the lady stays up and waits for you to come home whatever time this may be, this didn't really suit me it felt like being back at home with my mum. The rooms are basic but spotless and the staff are great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank rockchicanna
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel has a nice location only a few minutes from the beach and the city center. The room was fine (the price considered) and the balcony had a great view. The hotel owner (and Italian woman) was not very service minded and she continued asking "why" if we asked for a clean towel or something else. The hotel does not have a swimming pool nor loungers, which we definitely missed during our stay. The breakfast is terrible, but a big (in the Cape Verde sence) supernmarket is located only 50 m away and there is a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LindaCopenhagen
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The question is whether it is island Sal that one should choose among Cape Verde island - I would choose Santiago, Sal reminds of a desert. But if you decide to go to Sal I can recommend this little economy hotel in Santa Maria. It has low prices but good value for your money. A couple of minutes' promenade to the beach. Dependent on the season, it may be a blessing not to have a room with a sea view and be exposed to the strong wind from the sea. You get a good shelter on your balcony in this hotel because rooms have balconies of a loggia type, i.e. you are not exposed either to wind or to the eyes of other people. The hotel is also close to the center, but with no annoying trafic. The rooms are equipped with a fridge and a TV (with CNN for English speakers), and a safe box. Beds are comfortable, shower is large and all functions perfectly well. About 10 m from the hotel is a good grocery shop. Standard European food is served in the hotel restaurant from breakfast to dinner. The staff is truly service minded, very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: There is not much trafic in Santa Maria, but if you are sensitive choose a room with windows on the side not on the front, the west side is best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple