“Excellent diving place”

Manta Diving Center
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I spent a week in hotel Belarizonte which is just by Manta diving center.So diving center is easy to reach. Diving center is well organized. The staff is very very kind and well assisting. And there is a lot to see under sea level. I fully recommend Cabo Verde as well Manta diving center.

3  Thank Adelka1977
in 9 reviews
"visibility"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Manta Diving Center: Trickery-based sale strategy and humiliating payment claim methods for customers from tourpoerator (Portugaltours) and Hotel (Oasis Belorizonte). Manta Diving Center was THE VERY WORST of our travel to Cape Verde, together to its owner: Nuno Marques da Silva and a woman called Ana (unknown position in the business). They offered us a free swimming pool diving baptism for customers of the touroperator and hotel. They encouraged us to a sea immersion after the swimming pool, but we were not asked to put our names in a list for sea immersion and WE WERE NOT INFORMED ABOUT THE PRIZE OF IT. Besides, there is no list with the prizes of the activities at the Manta Diving Center place. We asked to some members of our group and they all corroborated this version. Thus, they sold us the product in a deceiving way, with no previous and clear information on the prize of the service offered. Once we had already had our sea immersion the payment was claimed to us in a humiliating way: Ana came to us at the Hotel terrace and started insulting us, shouting in the presence of other customers. Nuno went even further: he came also publically to threaten us saying that he had INFORMED THE POLICE AND WE HAD 5 MINUTES TO PAY, OTHERWISE WE WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY. Again, in the presence of all other customers and shouting. This is the very worst treatment that I have ever received. I do not recommend to anyone to make any activity with Manta Diving Center.

17  Thank Rosemarybc
Reviewed 10 July 2014

When we visited Sal in may 2014 the water were rough and the high season seemed to be over. The dive center we had originally booked did not have its own boat available and was unable to take us to any of the caves on the north-west side of the island. At other shop we asked about the possibilities.

Manta Diving contacted us quickly. They were willing to set up a trip just for my friend and me. Sure there were some additional cost involved but it was an amazing display of service that they offered us the opportunity.

The trip itself was well organized and diver safety was always the focus.

We are very thankful we were given the chance to do these dives!

1  Thank PJLeenders
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was fortunate to scuba dive eight times off Sal Island, Cabo Verde. All my dives were made with Manta Diving Center (http://mantadivingcenter.cv) which I highly recommend. The dive master, Dudu, was first rate/5 star, and Manta’s equipment was excellent and well-maintained. Over eight dives we visited three different wrecks from three different ships that sank in 2006, 1965 and 1920. We also explored several caves, canyons and walls. Visibility was typically around 20 meters, the sea temperature was a consistent +22C. We saw many schools of fish, several turtles, moray eels and many other species of eels, one octopus.

Over four different morning we dived at Farol (or ‘Lighthouse), Tres Garutas (Three Caves), Tchoclassa, Ancura and the three wrecks: 2006 (Kwarcit), 1965 (Santo Anto) and 1920 (Bolama). Tchoclassa and the 1965 and 1920 wrecks were my favorites.

2  Thank James S