“Well appointed villa with everything you need on...”
other travellers have booked this property
Villa Pool Patio Dining
Local Bar/Restaurant
Neptunes Submarine
Kite Surfing on the Local Beach
Ponta Preta Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Nickimw
Wincham, United Kingdom
“Well appointed villa with everything you need on a quiet resort”
Reviewed 7 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

Villa Mimosa was perfect for our party of 4 adults. Pool and garden were kept clean and tidy and the villa was cleaned after the first week, so it was nice to have the place to ourselves without daily visits from a housekeeper. We couldn't get the iron to work on the first day and a bulb had gone in the lounge ceiling light and when we mentioned it to Stuart, the villa rep, he supplied us with a brand new iron and fixed the light on the same day.

The Vila Verde Resort was extremely quiet with very few people around, but that wasn't a problem for us. However, the on-site restaurant was open for breakfast and dinner and did very good meals and the on-site supermarket was also available for our basic foodstuff. We got the free shuttle bus into town Santa Maria on a few occasions which was great, and we felt very safe in the town. We wandered round the cobbled streets and ate in several of the restaurants which were excellent. Taxi back was only 4 euros in the evening.

We did the island tour with Ildo, the recommended taxi driver who collected us at the airport, and he was great, very friendly and helpful with excellent English. Temperature was fine at 25c but it was quite a chilly wind on some days so our fleeces came in very handy.

All in all a very good experience and hope to stay there again.

11 May 2018
Dear Lawrence. Thank you so much for your lovely review of our villa and your holiday. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the villa and your stay there. Nice to hear that you made good use of the free shuttle bus into town and tried some of the lovely restaurants in Santa Maria. Good to learn that you did the island tour with Ildo, he's a lovely guy isn't he, very friendly and speaks very good English. Once again thank you for taking the time to let me know that you had a great holiday, It means a lot to me to know that you have. Kind regards to you and Monica. Paul
John A
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Super Villa !”
Reviewed 5 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

Villa Mimosa is a beautiful villa, well appointed with a super pool and garden! The photographs do not do it justice, as all aspects of the property, inside and out make for a very enjoyable stay. The pool, terraces and balconies being particularly enjoyable at all times of the day and night. The nearby resort having supermarket, pizzeria/bakery, restaurants etc., is very useful and being able to get in and out of Santa Maria on the free shuttle bus is especially good. Santa Maria is a fabulous place! Beach, bars, restaurants, pier, craft shops and an absolutely wonderful experience, especially at night. Paul was more than helpful right from the booking request and every ounce of information you could want was sent to us. With taxi collection from the airport being arranged for us and Lizy to greet us at the villa made for a very good start to our holiday. A very enjoyable, chilled-out time was had by my wife and I and we will definitely recommend Villa Mimosa and Sal to family and friends.

8 Apr 2018
Dear John.

Thank you for your lovely review of our villa and your stay. I'm so please you enjoyed the villa and all of its facilities. Also pleased that you thought the resort was nice and had some handy outlets, especially the free bus shuttle bus. Glad you went into Santa Maria most days/nights, its a lovely atmosphere there isn't it ? Thank you for you kind words about my help. I'm only to pleased to help as much as I can and its nice when all the extra effort is appreciated. Once again thank you for taking the time to submit your review and its really nice to hear how much you enjoyed the villa and you stay. Kind regards. Paul
tellwrig
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Stunning Villa”
Reviewed 26 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

Having just returned from our week in Sal I could not fault the villa it was beautiful and in a quiet location with the bonus of being able to use the resort facilities if you wish. It was very clean and had everything you could need and the pool is bigger than it looks on the photos!
Paul was great to deal with from the very early stages of booking and was very helpful.
We loved Cape Verde and hope to return next year. Food wise try ponta preta restaurant - good prices and lovely food far better than most and the staff are really friendly even staying open for us one evening so we could eat. Tud sab on the resort is good for booking excursions too and can usually answer any questions you might have
Thanks again Paul for all your help hopefully we’ll be back!

28 Feb 2018
Hi Claire
Thank you for your lovely review of our villa and your holiday. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay in the villa and you found the resorts facilities useful. Ponte Preta restaurant is one of our favorites too, as the location is right beside the wonderful beach, as well as serving nice food. Thank you for your kind words about my help, I'm only to pleased to try and make all guests stays as enjoyable as possible and it makes it all worthwhile knowing that you have had a lovely holiday. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we would welcome you back again whenever you wanted to return. Kind regards. Paul
Hilde O
“Comfortable house. Helpfull owners. Nice weather.”
Reviewed 5 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

The resort is very quiet. I think that only 20% of the unitis were occupied. Only one large swimming-pool was filled with water. It is a 12 min walk from the house to that pool and the reception. The owners are very helpfull. They organise taxi- rides if you ask them. When we broke a corkscrew, a new one was brought immediately. The little swimming pool by the house is refreshing, and cleaned every day. Taxi to Santa Maria 3€. Regulary free shuttles. Nice village, a lot of good fish restaurants

Your age range 65+
5 Dec 2017
Hello Hilde.

Thank you for your kind review. I'm please to hear that you enjoyed the villa and the pool. Yes the resort was rather quiet when you stayed but early December is normally a bit quiet anyway. Glad that you enjoyed the restaurants in the local villa/town of Santa Maria, its such a lovely quaint little place isn't it ? Nice to hear that you made good use of the resort free shuttle bus, I expect it was very handy when going into the town.

Thank you for your comments regarding my help, I'm only to pleased to do as much as I can to make your holiday a memorable one.

Once again thank you for your kind review, it really makes it all worthwhile when I know you have enjoyed your stay.

Kind regards.

Paul
Mark P
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
Reviewed 24 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Having just returned from Cape Verde, all we can say is please take us back. Firstly what an incredible island, the climate, the food, the people and the beaches well where do we begin. If your looking for Magaluf/Ibiza/ Ayia Napa (well you get the drift) then stay away - if your looking for piece/ quiet and just general solitude then this place is for you.
The villa is beautiful and terrifically positioned to 'get away from it all, the pool is heaven in the hot weather and the villa stays nicely cool during the very hot days. There is a shop close by which is perfect for the essentials, a take away pizza place which is very handy if your feeling lazy (and believe we were!!!), and a bakery cooking fresh bread every day which was delightful. Believe me if it wasn't for the amazing fish restaurants around we wouldn't have moved. 20 minutes walk away is Pronta Preta beach which wouldn't look out of place on any Caribbean Island, yes it was that good, bit of a track to get there but boy well worth it. The fish restaurant on the beach is also well worth a visit. Paul (the owner) was brilliant from the start, very accommodating with great hints as to which restaurants to visit, also letting us stay late on the last day was a godsend as our flight home was very late leaving. Lizy (the onside rep) was amazing, she sorted us out with wifi from day one, which wasn't great but clearly not their fault, with hindsight wouldn't even have bothered because at the end of the day your there to get away from it all, right ?? She also arranged the famous Islander Ildo to come and get us from the airport, ferry us around when needed and return us to the airport on our way home, what a top bloke. I could quite happy wax lyrical all day but all I'll say is go "just go" and experience it yourself. In fact think I'll jump onto Thomas Cook airlines now and see when we can return !!! Here's to returning soon - very soon.

26 Oct 2017
Dear Mark.
I hope you have settled back alright after your holiday. I just want to thank you for your lovely review. We have received lots of very nice reviews over the past few years, but I believe yours is one of the best that we have had, so thank you very much for taking the time to let me know how much you enjoyed your holiday. Cape Verde is not everyone's 'cup of tea' but we just love the place and it sounds if you did as well. I'm also so pleased that you enjoyed the villa, as we are always trying to make it as comfortable as possible for guests like yourselves. Glad to hear that Lizy looked after you and arranged for Ildo to take you around, he's a lovely guy isn't he ?. Thank you for your comment about myself, I place customer care and service very highly and its nice to know that any help given has been appreciated. Once again, thank you for taking the time to let me know that you had a fabulous holiday, as it really means a lot to me when I know that you have. With best wishes. Paul
alison s
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Wonderful villa”
Reviewed 21 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

A wonderful villa only 15 minute walk to the best beach on Cape Verde - Points Prete.!
The villa has regular shuttle bus service to Saint Maria where there are numerous bars and restaurants. We caught the bus down and would walk the 30 minutes back to walk off our excesses!
The people in Cape Verde are so kind and it felt very safe day and night!
The communication with the owner Paul was excellent and he allowed us to check out late to fit in with our flight.
Wonderful holiday,would definitely recommend rather than all inclusive hotel!

23 Aug 2017
Hi Alison

Thank you for the lovely review of your holiday and also the villa. I'm please that you all had a great time, as it makes all the help and support that I try to give our guests all worth while.

With very best wishes

Paul
HansJonss...
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great villa in a nice and very quiet area - highly recommended”
Reviewed 11 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

We were a three generation extended family of 3 couples with two babies that enjoyed a week in this great house. Paul the owner replied promptly to all our questions regarding the villa (and fixed an extra cod). All worked very well and we were welcomed by the couple that takes care of the house and they showed us all practical things (also service mined when we called). Evenings by the pool or a taxi into the lovely town of Santa Maria. Also walking distance to a nice beach-restaurant with great sea-food and a nice sunset in the ocean (bring flash-light for going home!). Perfect for us that wanted a relaxed and peaceful holiday in an almost too quite area.

11 Feb 2017
Dear Hans.
Thank you so much for your lovely review of our villa and your holiday. I'm so please that you all had such a relaxing time and enjoyed your stay. Also nice to hear you loved Santa Maria as there are lots of lovely restaurants, bars and shops there. You also said you enjoyed the local restaurant nearby on the beach, its one of our favourites too. Once again, that you for your review, its means a lot to me when I know you have all had a lovely time in the villa and a great holiday. Kind regards. Paul
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing