“so good we did it twice :)”

Santa Marilha Horse Excursions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Horse riding excursions with english speaking guides along the wonderful beaches, the salt mines and the natural reserves of Sal Island (Cape Verde). We organize horseback riding excursions for beginners, intermediate or expert riders. The transfer service from the hotels (pick up & drop off)+Insurance+Helmets are INCLUDED in the price!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“so good we did it twice :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband hadn’t been on a horse before and was cautious, so we just booked a 1 hour excursion direct with Teo before leaving the UK. As promised Teo collected us from our hotel, a short drive later we were saddled up and 2 guides off we went. Within a very short time my husband was confident enough to ride alone and we had a most enjoyable Sunday morning experience. It was so good we went back the following Sunday for the 2 hour excursion and got to brush the horses down & stable them. Teo & Carlotta are extremely professional, from their communication to the stables & the excursions, book with confidence this is by far one of the best experiences ever… riding horses through the salt flats & sand dunes onto the beach, pure bliss…

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JRiceManchester

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great activity!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went on the 2 hour trip late in the afternoon / early evening with my girlfriend who always wanted to do horse riding on a beach. I had never been on a horse before but the horses we were on were very relaxed and extremely well looked after. Our guide Ziggy was a good lad. And laughed a lot and reassured me that the horse was very calm :-) The salt mines and beaches we trekked were great settings in which to experience my first horse ride and would highly recommend this trek to anyone thinking about booking it.

2 Thank Trevor M
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I've always wanted to gallop along a beach and this did not disappoint. If you wish to see some of the best views in Sal, I strongly urge you to book this excursion. We enjoyed it so much that we booked a second trip a few days later which was arguably even better. My boyfriend, who had only ridden twice prior to this, was allowed to gallop across the beach and said he felt completely safe. I would recommend this to any level of rider, not just expert as it was one of the best experiences of my life. If you do anything in Sal, do this!! It is far from your traditional, plodding rides you get in England but you still feel safe. Teo and Carlotta are amazing; always making you feel at ease whilst explaining things about the landscape. You can tell they really care for their horses as they are in such good condition and are really enthusiastic. Without a doubt, the best thing we did in Sal!

4 Thank Emily W
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just back from Sal in Cape Verde. Have to let everyone know that this excursion was a fabulous experience. Teo and Carlotta make you feel welcome and at ease with the horses in an instant. Neither me or my partner were experienced riders but very soon we're able to be left in control of the horse unaided.
We went for a fantastic trek across the desert and beaches and would not have missed this for the world. Thoroughly recommended irrespective of your riding experience.
Thank you guys for a great trip. We will be back.

4 Thank Ivan H
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A great birthday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We gave our daughter a choice of what she would like to do for her birthday and she chose to go horse-riding.
The owners gave us the choice of riding on the beach or in the desert..
As we are novice riders we were all given a guide and as our confidence grew we were allowed off the reigns!
It was a most enjoyable hour and would recommend it.
The only thing that I would say is that the consent forms that you are asked to sign and date before hand are not in English. I am not too sure what we agreed to!!