2,960 results
All reviews thomas cook beach bar animation team peri peri chicken fish taster menu traditional restaurant no stress a garden view room a la carte restaurant island tour hotel is modern main restaurant five minute walk winter sun all inclusive guests pork
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Not sure on the bad reviews, but this was a great hotel for me.
Lovely new looking rooms, very clean and tidy. Food was good, although a little limited. Beach bar was great, and often sat on the beach at night watching a film on the Ipad.
Weather was good, pool a little small, and you have to be down early for a chance of even getting a sunbed!
Not a massive fan walking into Santa Maria town, too many people asking you to go in their shops and its hard to say no! Everyone seems to have just given birth of a new baby daughter so they have an offer on!!
Jimmy Fall is the guy with dread locks who stands just near the beach bar. He was so pleasant, he wanted to sell to you but was not pushy at all! Would say hello every day and have a chat with you, lovely man who is worth some time!
All in all, a great stay with no issues!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
OasisAtlantico, Gerente de relações públicas at Hotel Oasis Salinas Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Kym H;
Thank you very much on behalf of our management and the team from Oasis Salinas Sea Hotel for your review and for choosing us on your holiday . We hope to welcome you soon again, It makes us happy that we could offer an enjoyable stay. We will be at your disposal every time when you decide to come back.

best regards,

Reviewed 24 May 2018

My husband and I spent a week there in April this year.
Very nice and clean hotel.
Staff very friendly.
Beach is lovely and clean, close to pier, which was busy with people and fishermen.
Sunloungers occopied by towels until midday, so would imagine it would be a case of getting up early during high season if you needed a sun lounger.
Unfortunately people think that’s its ok to smoke, where people are eating. Something they wouldn’t do back in the uk.
Overall a very nice hotel, that I would highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2018
3  Thank Hanne W
OasisAtlantico, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Oasis Salinas Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Hanne W;

On behalf of Oasis Salinas Sea Resort team we would like to thank you for your comments about our hotel and your experiences staying here,. We really appreciatte what you have done, sharing your very sincere views with the whole community. Our staff has received your compliments and we are all really happy for it. . One more time thanks for providing part of your precious time to share your experience with the TripAdvisors readers and recommennd to other people . We will be delighted to welcome you back on a future time visiting us

Best Regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2018

This has been by far my least favorite hotel in Santa Maria, Sal Cape Verde. When I was checking in, the individual at the front desk goes over everything I purchased online and says, "looks like you didn't pay all your fees online so we are going to have to charge you the rest now BEFORE WE DO ANYTHING". I then try to make the conversation a little less hectic by saying, "welcome to Salinas and hope you enjoy your stay here". He then tried to tell me that the fees would cost me 2000euros/night for being a foreigner, which I then responded, " you are out of your mind my friend, because I am not paying that". When I asked to call the manager, he then calmed down and said, I meant to say it was 200euros/night. "VERY SUSPECT".
Long story short here is a list of the reasons why I would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE COMING TO SANTA MARIA CAPE VERDE.
To iron your clothes you have to make a reservation for a iron, and there's only 1 burned iron throughout the entire hotel. White shirt I had planned to wear first night "RUINED". 2nd day I walk out my room and notice few men sanding down the wood balconies. As I walk through the men and try to look around for safety, I get hit with a pile of wood dust. Would of been great to have this part of the hotel secluded from all guests. I then go sitting poolside and walk up to the little cabana to order food and the employee says, "if you're not sitting in this area we can not take your order", but then again mostly everyone had a plate of food poolside. I simply say, "OK, WHATEVER ILL JUST GO GRAB SOME FOOD AT THE BUFFET AND EAT HERE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE". Later on that night I try to shower and head down to the new Casino they have out here, BUT THE WATER WAS SHUT OFF. I then call down to the lobby and ask, how long until the water comes back on, (ladies answer to my question) I DON'T KNOW, WHEN THEY TURN IT BACK IT ON, ANYTHING ELSE I CAN HELP YOU WITH. I calmly answer, nope, that was all. I then go to bed and wake up at 7AM with a full construction crew making renovations to the hotel. I call again down to the lobby and ask, is there still going to be construction done tomorrow morning, (gentlemen simply answers): I HAVE NO CLUE, I WILL LET YOU KNOW TOMORROW AND SEE IF THEY HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO FINISH. Me: I think the sound of construction waking me up tomorrow at 7am is what I'm trying to avoid. I then ask to be moved to another room. They gave me another room a little further away from the construction site with a dirty shower. It was my last day so I was done with the complaints since I noticed staying at this HOTEL had been the worst decision. At check out I ask to speak with a manager on duty. I spoke with her, explained my situation and asked if they had any policy in place for unsatisfied guests. Her response was, there’s nutting we can do for you and walked away shortly after that. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID.

Room Tip: Ask for a nearby hotel so you can have a great stay in Santa Maria
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Design B
OasisAtlantico, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Oasis Salinas Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Design B;

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking your time and write on trip advisor , for us is very important the negative and positive points . After reading your opinion, we are very sad to know that you did not have a good holiday in our hotel, it is very unfortunate that during your stay you did not let us know your inconvenience, because in this way we can check the veracity of the facts and thus we can offer a compensation established in dependence to inconveniences. We would like to explain you that every year we make plans for doing maintenance to the hotel when we are in low season because the hotel has low occupation, it is very true that in those days we were doing maintenance but we made the best effort so that this not to causes inconvenience to the clients and fortunately, we did not have any complaint. The management of the hotel always thank to the clients come close us to pose some inconveniences for checking and help the clients to have a good stay. We are very sorry and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused during your stay and we ask that you give us the opportunity again in your next visit to Cape Verde to show you that we always offer a good service to all our clients and we help satisfy all their necessities if are related with the services that we are offering.

Sincerely

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Beautiful holiday. Staff couldn’t do enough for you! Visited in august 2016 for one week and wish we had booked for longer! The beach is stunning. Blue waters and soft white sand! Will return!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank meg1765
OasisAtlantico, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Oasis Salinas Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear meg1765;
Thank you very much on behalf of our management and all the staff from Oasis Salinas Sea for having chosen us in you holiday. It is nice to read that you loved your stay in our the hotel you have made us happy with your comment. Thank you for sharing your feedback with all the reader of tripadvisor. We hope you come back again and we will give you a good welcome and we will be at your disposal because we know that you will enjoy your holiday again with us.
Best Regards

Reviewed 5 May 2018

200 meters walk on the sidewalk or on the beach and you are in Santa Maria city center.
Location is very good, modern and straight design, very good service staff, less good those you usualy need, the front dest staff, have a deficit of knowlwdge about Sal Island and things to do outside the resort walls. Fortunatelly had only bed 6 breakfast, so could enjoy very much the amenities outside in the village, starting with bars, walking on the pedestrians ares in the evening to appreciate local music and colorit, have lunch or dinner in one of real good restaurants available.
Breakfast in Hotel is very restrict in variety and quality which is understandable as the Island has production of nothing, all good have to be imported. The local fishermen sell their catch to local restaurants so there you get the quality products. Rooms are spacious and well appointed and with balcony. Great is the Oasis Salinas beach with shelters and deckchairs and supported by a snack-bar, with afternoon DJ.
Pool area is nice but not enough shadows and noisy.
All in all recommended but not in all inclusive modus.

Room Tip: As the sea view is restricted, best to have a room facing main road, at least there is lots of nice and exotic moments.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank José F
OasisAtlantico, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Oasis Salinas Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear José F;

On behalf of the new management and the staff from Oasis Salinas Sea , we would like to thank you for your positive comments about your stay in our hotel. We are so happy to read that you liked the service staff .We work every day in order to improve our service and your opinions and opinins are always welcome. Thank you for your valuable time and feedback, we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to have you among us in the future. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Best regards,