This was our first trip to Cape Verde and we were quite dismayed to see the huge European all inclusive resorts that line a lot of the coastal area around Santa Maria. The Morabeza is different in that it offers the quality and many of the conveniences you would expect from a 4 star hotel without losing the sense of being in West Africa and the culture that goes with that. The hotel is on the beach in Santa Maria and has private sunbathing areas on the beach as well as a relaxed bar and restaurant. It is the closest beach hotel to the center of Santa Maria and although secure, you don't feel isolated from the town or its people. The hotel offers the opportunity to book on a B&B basis leaving you free to choose to eat in one of its restaurants or to try other local restaurants if you wish (many hotels offer only all inclusive). We had a standard room and had requested in in a quiet part of the hotel. We were allocated a room close to the crazy golf which was quiet and although not classified as a sea view, we could see the ocean from our balcony. The room was not huge but I would say it was ample for our needs,and had a very spacious bathroom with 2 sinks, large shower and a bidet. There was a fridge and TV with international channels in the room and an overhead fan which was great at night if you didn''t want to leave the airconditioning on. The breakfast was excellent - buffet style with lots of choice that was continually replenished. We only ate one dinner in the hotel so can't really comment on the food, though lunch at the beach bar was consistently good and offered good quality meat dishes if you got tired of fish!. The hotel also had several other facilities such as a games room, tennis and a gym. So were there any negatives? not really. We found the staff generally friendly though got the impression that maybe they were cautious about appearing overly friendly. The customer service is maybe not as polished as you would get in similar level hotels in Europe or the US, but I felt it was of a perfectly acceptable standard. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who likes a good standard of accomodation and facilities whilst feeling like they are after all in Cape Verde.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Morabeza We are located on the beautiful Santa Maria Beach on the southern most part of the island of Sal, Cabo Verde. We are confident that you will find your stay at our hotel to be a most enjoyable and memorable one ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Morabeza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morabeza Hotel Santa Maria
- Hotel Morabeza Cape Verde/Santa Maria, Ilha Do Sal