Spent a weekend there attending a wedding and it was far beyond what I expected!! The property is beautiful and very well maintained. The staff are really friendly and willing to assist. The swiming pool is breathtaking. The Manager was omnipresent!! However the true highlight of the weekend was the assistance we received from one of their Maintenance Department staff who goes by the name YELLOW MAN!!
We had a problem with our vehicle which he managed to sort out swiftly but as he escorted us to the reception, he went over and above his duty to brief us about the lodge!! He briefed us about restaurant meal times, laundry services, safes in the rooms, the whole 9 yards!!!! He gave us a better briefing than most receptionists would. He is a true gem to this property and deserves to be recognized.
Keep up the great job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge is located at the main entrance to the Taita Hills Sanctuary in South Eastern Kenya, 400 km from Nairobi and 200 km from Mombasa. A one hour flight from Nairobi or 30 min from Mombasa by private charter lands at the Lodge's own airstrip. The sanctuary is a 3 hour drive from Mombasa and a 6 hour drive from Nairobi on tarmac roads. Located at the main entrance to the Sanctuary, Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge is an inviting stone building of 60 spacious rooms and two suites, all with their own private viewing balcony. Clients can command views of the adjacent Taita Hills, or the well maintained gardens surrounding the Sanctuary. At night, floodlights illuminate the swimming pool and gardens and provide an opportunity to see any wildlife in the vicinity. It is not uncommon to see elephants daily at the watering hole next to the swimming pool. In addition to the rooms and suites, the Lodge has a Main Restaurant, Bar & Lounge and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. The Lodge has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. There is a gift shop, fuel station and business center. The climate is very pleasant, with temperatures averaging between 18 Degrees Centigrade and 30 Degrees Centigrade year round. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. While in Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge, you get to view some of the most exotic species of animals in Africa. Find your way to the local villages and learn a thing or two about the local culture. What better way to get the most out of your Kenya Safari holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Jovago.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Taita Hills Game Hotel Tsavo
- Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge Kenya/Tsavo