I was at the lodge from 15th february 2014 at 1pm and left the following morning. The rooms were okay but no phone(i was in room 112) so we had to go downstairs if we needed something. Also the pool had not been cleaned and the food was not the best both for dinner and breakfast, not enough variety. However, the room was clean and beds were comfy and the staff were very polite. Also the view is amazing. Worth a trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge is located at the main entrance to the Taita Hills Sanctuary in South Eastern Kenya, 400 km from Nairobi and 200 km from Mombasa. A one hour flight from Nairobi or 30 min from Mombasa by private charter lands at the Lodge's own airstrip. The sanctuary is a 3 hour drive from Mombasa and a 6 hour drive from Nairobi on tarmac roads. Located at the main entrance to the Sanctuary, Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge is an inviting stone building of 60 spacious rooms and two suites, all with their own private viewing balcony. Clients can command views of the adjacent Taita Hills, or the well maintained gardens surrounding the Sanctuary. At night, floodlights illuminate the swimming pool and gardens and provide an opportunity to see any wildlife in the vicinity. It is not uncommon to see elephants daily at the watering hole next to the swimming pool. In addition to the rooms and suites, the Lodge has a Main Restaurant, Bar & Lounge and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. The Lodge has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. There is a gift shop, fuel station and business center. The climate is very pleasant, with temperatures averaging between 18 Degrees Centigrade and 30 Degrees Centigrade year round. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. While in Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge, you get to view some of the most exotic species of animals in Africa. Find your way to the local villages and learn a thing or two about the local culture. What better way to get the most out of your Kenya Safari holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Jovago.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Taita Hills Game Hotel Tsavo
- Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge Kenya/Tsavo