“Perfect wedding location!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bel Ombre
London
“Perfect wedding location!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We'd like to say a big thank you to Hansel, Marie Cecile and all the staff at Fisherman's Cove for making our wedding this year truly memorable - it was everything we hoped for and more. We had 60 guests and had our ceremony on the pontoon stretched over the water. We had a fabulous day, stunning location, refreshing cocktails, delicious meal - our guests are still talking about it! All made possible by the first-class service I've come to expect from Le Meridien. Absolutely perfect. Thank you again, we'll be back soon!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
LeMeridien S, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear CassFaria,

Foremost, congratulations and we wish you a lifetime of happiness.

I am excited to read of your wonderful comment which has been shared with our team. It was an absolute pleasure to organize your ceremony & reception thus ensuring a special and memorable event.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for an inspiring anniversary celebration.

Sincerely.
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Having spent two weeks here last year we decided that we had to go back this year. Over the years we have found that this is usually a mistake, however on this occasion it cannot be further from the truth. Everything about this place is special. It provides everything you could ask for in the middle of paradise. The way you are treated by the staff would make you believe they all owned the hotel and it is clear they all take a great deal of pride in the service they are offering. The best thing about the place is it is not a big shining marble palace. It has all the character that comes from being designed and built to fit in with local surroundings. Given the open plan style they cannot produce the sterile environment it seems some people are looking for from a hotel but that is one of the things that makes it great.
Thank you again for another fantastic experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
LeMeridien S, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Sauzee092,

I am inspired to read of your wonderful discovery during your 2nd journey with us at the origin of Seychelles hospitality.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you in our care and It is comforting to know that our associates made you feel welcomed and belonged, thus ensuring a memorable experience. Your kind comment will be shared with our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another unique Le Meridien experience.

Seattle
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We got married in the beautiful lobby with the amazing background, it was some time ago and I will treasure that day... that week forever.
It was in September 1987 your travel date does not go back that far.
The staff was perfect, always accommodating arranging every detail of our Wedding from flowers to cake....it was the most romantic week ever.
We had a secret wedding :-)
Unfortunately the marriage only lasted 13 years, the memory of the Hotel and staff will last forever.
Our honeymoon room was perfect.
I have recommended Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove to all of my friends over the years.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear iak42l,

Thank you for sharing such lovely memory with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the coming future for another inspired Le Meridien discovery.

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed there from 3rd to 7th of November room 114. Very nice view overlooking the pool and ocean. The shower is nicely set up but floor is slippery after as water is running all over the wooden floor. The small blue bag sand filled on the night table was full of dust on the underside for the four nights I stayed. Shower gel could have been replaced or refilled. It was raining almost everyday and the balcony floor when wet is becoming sticky so you leave dark foot tracks when coming back in the room. The food...if one stays 1 or 2 nights it's okay, more than that food is becoming boring breakfast same every morning, dinner I gave up on the third evening which was a BBQ theme where they had par cooked prawn, fish and meat skewers which they wanted to re warm. I refused and turned to fish curry what turned out to be the best option. The night after I went out to a nearby restaurant.
This to me is not acceptable for a 5 stars hotel, I don't mind paying 880 rupies (buffet and 1/2 sparkling water) if the quality is there but not for re warmed stuff. Pool side if at least some waiters would pass by from time to time they could make some money there. One of the pool ladders was broken and an under water spot light was out of its docket
This said this hotel is very nice the location is great, the gardens are wonderful, it's minutes away from Victoria and has big potential if only they did take care of the details which can put off customers and train the Chef to be more creative in his menus. I came to this property 20 years ago and I was WAOW, this time around the waow effect faded out due to details and quality/variety of food.
Except one guy on the evening buffet the staff is extremely friendly and helpful especially Bernadette on the breakfast she is an asset.

All I hope is that management will pull up their socks to fix the small details because it is a very nice hotel, but from 3rd to 7th November this year could not claim 5 stars and thus is too expensive for the experience they offered.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Michel M
LeMeridien S, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Michel M,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove.

I regret to read that your journey with us was not to your full expectations, we warmly welcome feedbacks from our guests thus allowing us to constantly improve our service to ensure a memorable experience and Le Meridien discovery.

Kindly be advised that all of our products and seafood are freshly served for our guest well being.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the coming future for an inspired Le Meridien perspective.

Airports
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I've stayed at Four Seasons resort properties along with hostels throughout the world, and this falls somewhere in between.

On the plus side:

-Despite previous reviews, I thought this was a well maintained property and refurbished rooms are great. Good attention paid to landscaping and upkeep of property

-Amazing views-beautiful mountains and nice beach. Having seen the entire island, this beach ranks right up there. It's only a few steps from the pool and has nice calm water and great snorkeling

-All the rooms (at least those I saw) have a nice semblance of privacy

-Location-only 10 mins from airport and "city" yet feels secluded

-My arrival was HOURS in advance of check in time, yet was given a room within an hour and half after arrival, which was nice

-Managers were friendly and made an effort to speak to all guests and the once weekly cocktail reception is a nice touch (though other properties offer some free drink coupons for platinum guests every night if no lounge is available)

-Room service food: quick and quite good

-Front desk-some staff members were really friendly and knowledgable/helpful

On the negative side, some major and minor attention to details were lacking:

-During my 3 days, 3 phone calls were made to request attention to the hot water in the room which was brown and remained, at best, bright yellow after running it for some time (both faucets and tub...probably shower, but light wasn't good enough to see if that was the case). I received no follow up and water remained gross

-No "do not disturb" signs available. Strange, and annoying unless you enjoy an early morning wake up. Even upon yelling to come back later, staff members were relentless, insisting upon you answering so they could just drop off some water or drop off the activity sheet

-Housekeeping: depended on the day. Others noted the disappearing towels, which was true. First day I was fully stocked and by day three, I had no hand towels or bath mats and only one used bath towel. Final day-everything was replaced. Upon arrival, the toiletries consisted of a 3/4 used shampoo (yuck) and 2 conditioners. A nice sculpture was made out of the LAST tissue in the box (with no substitute box given)

-Internet: Card system valid for 24 hours. If a guest is staying for several days, why not provide them with enough cards to cover that rather than making them walk to reception and wait in line (which can be long) to sign out another card?

-Nice pool, but other than one pass by of water, no service at all. I twice needed assistance-once to get some towels and once to operate the difficult umbrellas and twice had to go looking for someone to help. Also, no food/bar service at the pool, which is a shame and unexpected at a “resort” property

-Food: previous reports are accurate. Breakfast is okay, but EXACTLY the same every day-literally. The hours offered are GREAT, but limited options and certainly not the grand buffet you'd expect from a 5 star. Dinner is basically either the REALLY expensive buffet which is okay (but not extensive or good enough to justify the price) or the a la carte, which has a very limited and expensive menu

-Service: varied. Ranged from extremely wonderful to horrible, depending on the day. The service at the one bar is almost non-existent. I had to walk to the bar to request refills (and I had patiently waited) or checks-even when I was one of only two or three people there

Long story short-this is a property with a LOT of potential. At this time, however, it is not what I would consider a luxury resort or 5 star hotel. You will see a LOT of the same issues repeated in review after review here. I don’t like to be critical but only hope that management will address these issues.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank ecosse315
Dear ecosse315,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove.

It is comforting to read of your enchanting discoveries during your journey, however, I regret to read that your expectations were not fully exceeded.

We genially value our guest feedback and I am confident in reassuring you that all the issues are addressed too thus ensuring that they are not repeated as we aim to exceed our guest experience.

I further invite you to personally discuss with a member of our management team on operations.fishcove@lemeridien.com

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for an inspired Le Meridien discovery.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel is perched right on the water. There is no beach but it is really easy to walk about 5 mins down the coast to the long swath of beach between Bel Ombre and Beau Vallon. Every friday the hotel hosts a very nice happy hour with drinks, bar nibbles, and a live band. It is wonderful to sit out on the pier, listen to music, and watch the sun go down. It is a really lovely spot! Definitely worth checking out even if you are not staying at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda R
LeMeridien S, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Amanda R,

I am delighted to read of your wonderful discovery of our unique location which encourages our guest to relax and enjoy in its natural beauty.

Thank you for recommending our signature Friday sundowner which allows our visitors a new perspective.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I thoroughly recommend this hotel if you are looking for peace, luxury, tranquility and relaxation. The only slight negative was very poor and intermittent wifi which I understand the hotel are trying to improve.

Room Tip: Go for a suite if you can! Mine was very close to the spa and second restaurant - highly recommend!