“Unbelievable experience!! A truly paradise...”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My mom and me stayed in this hotel for 4 days. We were given an amazing room: huge, full of sunlight and facing the sea. It also had an amazing open balcony to the garden with a table, 2 chairs and a garden sofa... The service was very good, staff very polite and always ready to assist. The prices for food and drinks are not cheap at all, but that's all over the Seychelles basically. In this hotel, one of the best things are the easy access to the beach and the infinity pool.. It's amazing the view we get when we are in the pool. Food was very good... Tasty and different everyday! Amazing desserts! ;)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
LeMeridien S, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Vanillazevedo,

Your review is truly inspiring and we are delighted to read of your wonderful experience at our little corner of paradise.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove for yet another stimulating journey.

Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove

Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Originally we booked an other accommodation (Bord Mer Villas), but finally we need to reorganize our stay in Mahé. Browsing the Internet for almost a night, we found Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove as the best place for us (family with a 4 years old boy), and luckily got a very reasonable price on Expedia for 4 nights.

Fortunately it was a very quite period in the hotel, only half of the rooms were occupied.
We were in a deluxe suite, room 205, which was ideal for 3 of us. The room itself was quite spacious, and has a big terrace around. Due to the lush vegetation we could use the terrace with absolute privacy, no one could see anything there.
Room 205 is about 5 min walk from the lobby and about 80 m away from the beach.
The open shower in the room looks very cool, but in my opinion is absolutely not practic in use.
Our bed, mattress was not hard enough for us, but it was okay for 4 nights. Mini fridge and the Illy espresso-maker in the room was perfect (specially considering that the real espresso is quite expensive in Seychelles).

Room service was also perfect and the whole staff was really friendly, helpful and keen on to help us. Special thanks to Nigel at the reception, who was very kind and helpful both at check-in and- out, and our son still remembers him. So were exceptional the ladys at the main restaurant and the bar.
We often met with the managers in the lobby or in the main restaurant, they were always very friendly and kind to discuss with us.

Both the breakfast and the dinner was amazing in the main restaurant. For the first two days we thought that we could easily solve the dinner in the restaurants somewhere around in Beau Vallon. But finally we realized that there are only a few places and the prices are almost the same, so we shifted to HB. (it was 550 SRC per adults and free for the 4 years old).
During the dinner there was always some live music, which we really enjoyed.
We never ate at the a la care restaurant, because we found the

Both the pool and the beach were just perfect and wonderful. I've made a long walk till Cliff des Iles, and have seen many other hotels (Berjaya, Smart Coral, Savoy) and I can say that Le Meridien is the best by far.

Free Wifi worked well at the lobby and the massage was great at the Zen Spa (offering 10% discount for SPG members).

Overall, we had fantastic 4 days at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, and didn't mind at all the price of the original booking, that we lost.
Would not hesitate to come back again or recommend this hotel to any of our friends.

Room Tip: Deluxe suite is a good choice for family with a young kid. We loved room 205, because of the locatio...

Dear rajmonek,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove.

We are delighted to read of your wonderful discoveries, it was indeed a pleasure to have you and your family in our care and thus ensuring a memorable holiday.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for yet another Le Meridien discovery.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed with our 2 year old at the Fisherman's Cove. First we were upgraded from the superior rooms to suits - which were truly lovely rooms. We very much enjoyed the sea view from the bath tub (I unfortunately didn't find out which suites we were staying in). Thanks for that, it was much appreciated! Our daughter was welcome everywhere, and the staff was generally very friendly, but especially to our little one. Hotel facilities are great, and beach access is a few stairs away. There may be more stunning beaches on Mahe, but 200 meters down the beach from the hotel, the water is glass clear. We can't say much about the food, as we had hired a car and tried out different restaurants. Breakfast was excellent though. All in all - we will be back!

1  Thank MrBRabbit
LeMeridien S, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear MrBRabbit,

We are delighted to read of your inspiring discovery during your journey at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove. It was indeed a pleasure to have you and your family in our care thus ensuring a memorable holiday, your kind comment have been shared with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our inspiring destination for yet another Le Meridien experience.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I chose the Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove as the spot for our somewhat belated honeymoon, in November 2013, for a 9-day stay. As SPG members and frequent business travelers, we had high expectations for the resort and wanted to share some of the best aspects of the our stay along with some areas for improvement.

First, it's gorgeous! The entrance to the property from the road is a little deceiving as it's simple, but the grounds are really quite lovely with a very welcoming reception area. We were greeted with fresh, cool towels and iced, bottled water upon arrival and were guided to the seating area overlooking the cove. The open-air, thatched roof lobby is so inviting with views out to the sea and the pool. This lobby is the major wi-fi spot, where it was funny to see people gathering in the late afternoon to check mail, Skype, and get digital. Coverage in other parts of the property are spotty at best, and I definitely would have loved to see the coverage in the bar/lounge improved.

Our room was considered "Ocean front," and it truly was. The hut-like building was divided into two accommodations, each of which was accessed via common stairs. The semi-private deck overlooked the cove and included a small table, two wicker chairs, and two loungers. We never used the loungers, as the cushions were kind of dirty and had spider webs on them. Access to the room is via glass sliding doors between the deck and interior. The room itself had a comfortable configuration, with a useful mini-fridge, and the bathroom was really spectacular. Unfortunately the open shower looked really cool, but was kind of tragic as we spent time after every shower wiping up the flood of water that spread literally throughout that entire half of the space and into the bedroom. By the middle of the stay, we had learned to get over our conservationist selves and just make towel dams around it. The tile/marble floors were pretty slippery when wet, and it was both a hassle and a hazard to deal with.

Inside the room, we found the furnishings to be a little tired and banged up. The style was fantastic, and completely "of the islands," but for the price and the Starwood name, I would have expected the wood to have fewer dings and overall to be in a little bit better shape. The bed was totally comfortable and well-dressed, although housekeeping overall was somewhat inconsistent in timing and the actual things that were cleaned/changed. We loved having the in-room manual espresso-maker, but I have to admit that it was quite a challenge for me to figure out. The first time I tried it, I hadn't gotten a good seal on the portafilter and it blew off as soon as the water pressure was applied. Scary and dangerous! A little card with some instructions would have been great for the novices like me who don't have formal barista training.

We loved the pool area and found the staff there to be charming and friendly. Getting towels for either the pool or the beach was easy, and I appreciated that there was a distinction. No guilty feelings for taking the fluffy pool towels to the beach! The grounds are meticulously maintained, and stunningly beautiful. The grasses, trees, flower bushes, and more are a delight to the senses. A variety of birds are everywhere and bring such a variety of life and entertainment to the outdoors. We saw very few insects, including mosquitos, and after high-tide one evening, we saw a really big crab that had made it onto the staircase between the lobby and the pool area.

The beach access was easy, and walking to the local restaurants along the water was truly a lovely habit to get into. It was about a 15 minute walk from the Le Meridien to the first chunk of dining options -- there are not many, and they are not cheap. Don't expect prices to be too different from the hotel, and there is not a lot of variety. We had our favorites by the end, including the Boat House and Mahek. Mahek was by far the best value of all the dining we experienced at Beau Vallon. Both had very friendly staff and good service. The Boat House is a buffet with lots of creole choices. Mahek offers delicious indian food that filled our bellies without ravaging our wallets. We found wine, overall, to be very expensive in Mahé, and in one instance, one bottle of average variety was more expensive than our entire dinner for two. The beach is well-used by locals and tourists alike, and I thought this was very nice to have at least one place where co-mingling was possible.

After the third day, we rented a car and were thrilled. The front desk arranged for the car rep to meet us in the lobby -- the car was 50Euro/day and the agent dropped off and picked the car up from our hotel. The car itself seemed expensive, but there wasn't even a charge for parking. Since the whole island opened up for us as soon as we got the car, the ability to park it for free really made it feel like a terrific choice. We could then go to the local grocery for fruit, snacks, wine/beer, and water. We found a great little market that had a lot of fresh options, including fresh baguettes. We would have our hotel breakfast (which was wonderful!) and then set out for a day of exploring and beach combing, stopping at the market to get lunch stuff on our way. Having the car be such a pleasant experience was a definite plus -- most of the credit for this goes to the resort for their practice and policies about making it easy!

A secret delight at the Le Meridien was bashing our expectations and slowing down to island pace. Nothing and no-one moves fast in the Seychelles, and once we set our "business traveler" expectations aside, we learned to love it and work with it. The bar/lounge that overlooks the cove and pool area is a great example. The bar menu served there is quite tasty for lunch and cocktails, and we found that with a little creativity, we could have a comfortable and delicious casual dinner. The food service is quoted as stopping at 6 pm, but it's notoriously slow. So, we would leave the pool at 10 minutes to 6, find a terrific place to sit in the lounge, and place our drink and food order. Then, one at a time, we went back to the room to shower and change. I could usually go first and be back at the lounge with my book before the first round of drinks arrived. Then my husband would go and be back with at least 15 minutes to spare before the food arrived. In the end, we never ate much before 7 pm, and it never seemed to be the least inconvenience to the staff or kitchen. It really was funny and sweet. One night, they offered a make-your-own-island-cocktails tutorial and we made some funny, colorful drinks with the help of the staff. Mine was kind of an epic fail (I drank it anyway), but my husband did quite well according to the bartender.

We never ate at Le Bourgoise, the fine dining restaurant at the hotel. In reviewing the menu, it was not the best ratio of price to offerings for us, and we chose to eat our more formal meals in town. The buffet restaurant was good for breakfast, but we never ate there for lunch or dinner. There were frequent floor-shows during the dinner hour that looked fun for the guests who were attending. It's always wonderful to have live music and entertainment around, even if one isn't partaking!

The weather was warm but not too hot, and there were often moments of tropical rain as expected. The common areas of the lobby and the bar/lounge were perfect places to wait out the rain and enjoy the views. Be sure to be prepared to settle your bill when you check-in (room & tax), and then again when you check-out (for incidentals). I was unprepared for this, having never encountered it, so be prepared to take the full impact on your credit card from the get-go.

Overall, a fantastic stay and great experience. I'm still keeping my eye out for the PERFECT resort vacation, but this was definitely a stay worth keeping at the top of the list.

Room Tip: Make sure to specify ocean front vs. ocean view, if this is important to you!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dmuzik1090

Dear dmuzik1090,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, we genuinely value our guest feedback to continuously ensure we unlock an inspiring discovery at every turn.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the coming future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We are just back from a week at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove. We are long-time SPG members and we used points for our stay.

We had a deluxe room with a view of the ocean and it was incredible. Our flight arrived very early and the hotel was kind enough to offer us breakfast while we waited for a room. The breakfast was really delicious with lots of variety and fresh fruit smoothies which I love to have :)

Free Wi-Fi in the lobby worked well and it was nice to have.

We asked the hotel about tours in the area and they brought a representative from Select Seychelles who was very knowledge and friendly. We booked 2 excursions with them.

The gym was small but well equipped. I used it every day. If there were more than 3 people in it, it was too crowded so I went early every morning.

The day of check-out they have a shower and changing room in the spa which was great and it meant we could enjoy the pool & beach on our last day.

The staff was exceedingly helpful and friendly in every way that they could be.

Location is PERFECT. You have the beach right in front of you, you can snorkel off the rocks in front of the hotel, and you can walk 15 mins to nice beachfront restaurants.

The pool is very nice but it is a little bit small. The problem is that if you get one noisy child it ruins it for the rest of the people who are trying to relax. Although I understand this is a resort that welcomes families I would have liked if the staff would at times tell parents that screaming and jumping into the pool is not appreciated by the other guests. I understand that children make noise and I realize that is to be expected. However, sometimes the children exceeded the realm of what is reasonable in terms of how much noise they made. We had just come from the Fairmont Palm in Dubai and there they did a great job of keeping the pool area enjoyable for everyone. I had the same expectation for this hotel. Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove is a nice hotel and it is upmarket and luxurious. I think they should endeavor to improve this aspect because when you hear kids screaming and splashing and being loud it certainly does not feel luxurious.

My only truly negative comment is that the food at the restaurant for lunch was not good. My husband and I like to share a plate for lunch by the pool (to have a smaller lunch) and we did this 2x. Both times we had the Wagyu burger. The first time the burger was overcooked but it was edible.The breakfast was so good that I couldn't believe the burger was prepared by the same kitchen. I thought it was perhaps a fluke. The last day I thought I'd try the burger again. It was so overcooked it was almost inedible. I did not send it back because I did not want to be fussy and I don't like to waste food. I don't mind paying a higher price for the convenience of eating in the hotel but they need to improve the burger.

Please don't overweight my comments for improvement. My positive impressions far exceeded any areas for improvement. Overall, I had a fantastic stay and I would not hesitate to come back or to recommend to any of my friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tunali
LeMeridien S, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Tunali,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay, we are delighted to read of your wonderful experience and we thank you for bringing the issues of inconvenience to our attention. We value our guest feedback and same has been communicated to our team in our continuous aim to exceed our clients expectation.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Deluxe ocean front suite doesn't not quite mean a suite with a view of the ocean. We spent 4 nights here with our 10 and 7 year old & were given a suite uphill that had a marginal view of the ocean horizon (photo attached in this review.) We highlighted this to the management and we're promised that they would look into it but nothing happened and our complaint was conveniently forgotten. This is the only exception to an otherwise stellar stay at the le meridien fisherman's cove.
The staff were always smiling , friendly and ready to help. The breakfast had an excellent spread. The lobby is spacious and has free wifi. The check in staff deserve special mention and managed to check us in a couple of hours early.
The pool and pool side have brilliant views and the pool is shallow enough for even toddlers to get in and have a ball. The beach adjacent to the hotel is clean and has soft white sand. Although the beach is not a private beach, it comes close to being the next best thing.
The room was clean large and well appointed. The bath had a shower and a tub. There is a large flat screen tv provided but has disappointingly few English channels. There is wifi available in the room but charged slightly less than 20usd a day.
The hotel is about 20 mins by car from Victoria and about 35 - 40 mins from the airport.

Seychelles lived upto it's image with hauntingly blue green waters, winding roads and hills with ever green rain forests. The best way to go about is by car and I recommend renting one. The market in Victoria charmingly colonial and small enough to explore by foot.

The hotel lobby has a rent a car service and a boat hire agency. We used them both and highly recommend them.
We took a day trip to the Therese island and snorkeling in the marine conservation park using Billy and, to us, this was one of the highlights of the trip. The waters and the marine life at the conservation park are awe inspiring and should not be missed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank devbk
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We enjoyed 7 glorious days in March 2013 staying in room 130 from 19 March. The warmth of all the staff was second to non and the food was superb. we went for our silver wedding having been there 25 years ago for our honeymoon and the hotel was even better than we remembered. we have been to many places in the world and this hotel and Mahe beats every other place easily, sheer paradise. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and even car hire was so easy, the cars are at the hotel ready and hardly any paperwork ! A truly amazing hotel in a spectacular setting in the most stunning scenery in the world for sure.We are going to go back every yaer from now on in March. David and Alison, Derbyshire, England

Room Tip: Contact the hotel direct first, all rooms are great but superior rooms are actually their lowest gra...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David R
LeMeridien S, Management at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear David R,

Your kind review awakens inspiration for our team and it was indeed a pleasure having you in our care and ensuring a unique discovery of the destination and Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
DoubleTree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda Resort & Spa
AVANI Seychelles Barbarons Resort & Spa
Kempinski Seychelles Resort
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort ...
#1 of 1 in Silhouette Island

Been to Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove? Share your experiences!