“Construction Cove”

Treasure Cove Hotel & Restaurant
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Construction Cove”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hello to all those hard working people out there who are thinking of spending there hard earned savings and are thinking of taking there yearly hard earned break in paradise. My finance and I have just returned from 9 nights stay at the 4 star "luxury" boutique hotel Treasure Cove?

Day 1 We arrived on the Sunday morning after our long trip on the plane we were tired we were given the most amazing greeting and told if there was anything they could do or any problems let them know. We went up to our room which was a superior double room to get showered and cleaned up as you do, the shower head holder was broken so had to hold the shower in one hand and somehow try and use shower gel and shampoo with the other hand not easy.
I told the manager about it they told us they knew about the problem and would sort it.
They didn't sort it throughout the whole holiday we found this wrong as this hotel is meant to be a 4 star.

Day 2 The true reality of this hotel hit went to the beach for the day returned at 2pmto be greeted by the noise of rock drills and dust everywhere, we went up to the roomafter half an hour it was unbearable I had to go down to see if I could find management as I was looking in disbelief at the construction work going on in the car park of the hotel. I was met by the operations manager of the hotel who asked me dose the works bother you?, I couldn't believe she asked me this question I told her of course it bothers me. She then told me that it do sent bother any other of the guests in the hotel which I didn't beleive. There was customers sat in the bar area and restaraunt getting covered in dust and the noise was awful. She told me that the works finished at 3pm and if it bothered me she would stop itbut it was 2.45pm and our second day in the hotel so I said no let the workmen finish.

This was a big mistake on my behalf I was hoping that my reaction to the works would have changed things for the duration of our holiday.After challenging the management for the next few days of our dream holiday both myself and my finance were treated with what felt like a cold shoulder from the management,which I felt was terrible as this was a long way away from the extremely warm welcome we got on our first day. After the seond day of the cold shoulder treatment I felt I had to pull one of them aside and explain that this was our holiday and we are the guests spending alot of money in there hotel could,t believe as a custmerit was me who had to do this crazy!

After that it got alot better we found for the rest of the holiday the best thing to do was to leave the hotel before 10am and return after 3pm to avoid the construction works going on. hiring a car is a must and you can get a car from avis in Victoria for 50 euros a day as taxis are very expensive there.

4th day we returned to the hotel at 3pm and parked our car on the car park only to be told we had to move it as they were going to explode the rock at the side of the hotel. We did this we had to get access to our room via the kitchen areas we stood in the restaurant area with our bags with other guests and customers while they detinated the explosive in disbelief. There was a loud bang and dust covered the hotel which I think you will agree is crazy that the management allow this to go on while guests and customers are in the hotel. Management were present while this was going on they made a joke of it all as if this was a normal thing going on.

I cannot believe that the Treasure Cove as a company would not state this on their websites or tell travel companies who sell there packages that these works are going on. This is the reason why I am exposing this now so no other couples or families have to endure these cover ups.

If you are looking for a hotel where you can relax and have some fun this is not the one in the evening they have live entertainment which consists of a local guy singing songs where he makes the words up himself which is halarious for a couple of nights after that it gets depressing. The cocktails are very expensive and the bar is weakly stocked.

On the plus side allen the chef is the back bone of the hotel his food is excellent and the staff are extremely good especially Diane who looked after us amazingly throughout our stay.All in all the star rating of this hotel is more like a 3 Than a 4 star when you consider the fishermans cove which is a 5 .

Room Tip: Get one of the super deluxe rooms as they are higher up and not as effected by the dust
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dean H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We enjoyed a perfect stay at Treasure Cove Hotel. The hotel has only been open since October 2013 and as a result the rooms are well equipped and clean. Best of all the rooms all have private balconies that offer incredible views over silhouette island and some amazing sunsets. We thoroughly enjoyed drinking the local Sey Brew beer and watching the sun go down. It’s a small boutique hotel so we really felt that we were immersed in the local culture.

What really made the stay so enjoyable was the hotel owners commitment to providing outstanding customer service. They were extremely friendly and would always go out of their way to offer help or advice. This attitude is reflected throughout their team.

The hotel also has an incredible restaurant and an intimate bar. We enjoyed all the meals we ate and it was clear that the head chef had a real passion for serving high quality and tasty food. The atmosphere was lovely and relaxed, helped by local live music and some wonderful cocktails/wine.

Thank you Marie-France, Julie-Anne and Allen for making our holiday so special. We would strongly recommend staying at Treasure Cove.

Room Tip: All rooms offer amazing sea views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlanKWinchester
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

From the first moment you arrive at this Hotel you know it's something special. The views and accomadation could not be better. It's so apparent that the owners care about their guests and I can't praise the owners and staff enough. Everything is no trouble to them and they go out of there way to provide a very friendly, caring, service. Food at this Hotel /Resturant is the very best I have encountered in Mahe, Seychelles, extemely well cooked with amazing flavours. We will be returning to this Hotel whenever we return to Mahe. CC.

Room Tip: Every room has amazing views of the Indian Ocean
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 56CarCar
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at several different hotels and villas across the three main islands including the Hilton, Sunset Beach and The Village du Pecheur. We can say amongst all the islands and hotels we stayed, the level of service, location, cuisine, and creole culture we experienced will forever stand out as one of our greatest memories. The restaurant overlooks one of most stunning views of Mahe Island and the sunset is to die for, so the superior suite should be booked. As frequent travellers, we can say the local creole people are the friendliest and most welcoming people you will ever wish to meet, the staff and ambience at The Treasure Cove only heightens this experience. We were lucky as The Treasure Cove was hosting the African National Assembly amongst its grounds and put on a live creole band and dancers. We danced and had so much fun, a rare experience to really take in local creole culture. If you are visiting the Seychelles, we strongly recommend this gem. We will certainly make a return visit. Thank you. Jay & Ruby.

Room Tip: Superior room - north
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J R
Montreux, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you are looking for a tailor made service in a nice cosy hotel, with a real seychellois touch, this is the place to be. Excellent creole food (one of the best on the island), nice view, great staff, clean place, and really affordable. Marie France makes you feel at home!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino - Seychelles
Savoy Resort & Spa
Savoy Resort & Spa
#2 of 7 in Beau Vallon

Been to Treasure Cove Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!