We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Hudson
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines
New York City, New York
“Kids loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was the first stop of a tour we did and the kids were so excited by all the fun things, namely the bouncie, the waterslide and the slushies. I found it not bad and the reservation process was very pleasant. We were RV novices and one of the staff helped us park and hook up. My only complaint is that the bathrooms were filthy and the shower experience unpleasant. They could improve that significantly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gina L, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your review. We are sorry you found the cleanliness of our bathrooms unpleasant and have shared your review with our housekeeping staff. Cleanliness of the restrooms is of the utmost importance and we continually strive to do a better job. Hope to see you at the park again!

Happy Camping!

Jellystone Park at Paradise Pines

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Loved this campground. Rustic and in the Adirondack style. Don't stay here if you want good cable TV or satellite signal, that's not what this campground is about! You will enjoy visiting with neighbors, staying to yourself or just relaxing by the river fishing. Their pool, laundry, cafe and activities will be a treat for everyone of all ages. The staff were top notch, especially the owners.

Room Tip: Get a spot over looking the river.
Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Jeremy R
Thanks for sharing your camping experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor. We do our best to offer an authentic Adirondack camping experience to our guests. For those who need a little more excitement there are many activities for them as well. Your compliments will be passed onto our staff who try their best to serve our guests courteously.

Hope to have you stay at the park again!

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

In terms of location, this campground is close to many things to see and do including Lake George, Lake Champlain, ferry rides to VT, High Peaks region, Ausable Chasm, Schroon Lake, etc. We have been to another Jellystone campground in NYS and loved it so much we wanted to try a different one. Combined with the fact that the Adirondacks is one our favorite places to visit this seemed perfect. Unfortunately, this Jellystone does not compare. To make the reservation it was a bit of a challenge to get a hold of someone to ask questions about the grounds and sites. After I made the reservation my email confirmation had information regarding an additional $25.00 for the length of the stay for guest to participate in several activities on the grounds (jump pillow, train ride, pedal carts, slushy, water slide, etc). We did not choose to purchase this, there seemed to be enough recreation activities throughout the day to participate in without spending the extra money. This was a difference from the other Jellystone that we stayed at where everything was included. There are sites that are on the Schroon River, if you have tubes bring them to float on rather than purchase them at the camp store. There seemed to be a good variety of recreation activities for kids throughout the day and we chose to leave the grounds to do some other activities during our stay. We found a couple of the staff enthusiastic to help and had good suggestions, and we had the experience where many were not helpful or could not answer basic questions regarding the area, etc. We have camped in many campgrounds both in NYS and out of state including private and state parks and the sites at Paradise Pines are small in comparison. It forces you to get to know your neighbor! The staff did do a good job at enforcing quiet hours, we were across from the playground and one of the evenings there were some older kids on the playground well after 10:00 p.m. My son who is 5 is at a great age, and still loved camping here. For us it was a mix of good and not so good, and is likely a place that we will not revisit.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gina L, Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We are sorry to hear that you will likely not return to our park as it seems that you enjoyed our location and all that is offered in the Lake George and Lake Champlain area. Campers are given the option to participate in our wristband program for their length of stay and many folks find this to be a great value. For those who wish not to participate we do our best to offer many complimentary activities and facilities which also give campers much to do. We apologize if some of the staff was not as friendly or courteous as they are expected to be. Our reviews are shared with our staff members as we always strive to do a better job.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to earn back your trust!

Jellystone Park - North Hudson, NY
Plattsburgh, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

As a divorced mom with two high energy kids (5 and 7), renting a cabin for the 4th of July week-edn was perfect! Pools were a bit cold but the giant jumping pillow, pedal cars, the playgrounds and the many roads to ride bicycles were perfect! The Cindy cabin we rented had four beds (2 bunks - no barrier for upper levels) that we did not use as my kids saw right away the "loft" with mattress up a ladder. under the roof! We slept there the three nights, me blocking the access to the ladder... Cabin equipped with all needed - fridge, microwave, toaster (and TV that we never turned on - too much fun outside!). The only major downfall: the foul-smelling, moldy little bathroom. I would not recommend to someone with asthma. We enjoyed our stay a lot, rain or shine. Some campers said they resented the nearby highway noise, but we barely noticed it (although the 87 is right outside the campsite).

Although pricey, the little store had all that one could need (and a lot more, if you go in with your kids!).

In addition to highly priced extras (mining, mini-golf, several rentals, etc.), the campground offers "community venues" - free cartoons in the morning, free wagon rides, train rides, etc.

The only big deception to my kids (and I!): how distant and unprofessional were the two mascots! Yogi and Boo Boo kept just standing there, barely moving, getting AWAY of the kids as much and as fast as they could. I paid 7$ for each of my kids so they could have a "breakfast with Boo Boo". We sat at a pic-nic table, my kids were given a paper-wrapped egg muffin sandwich with sausage (not too good) with nothing to drink. Boo Boo came with one of the personnel members but just stood next to the table. The staff member started a game, telling him not to steal the kids' sandwiches - the mascot barely took the hint to move. When he finally put my daughter's cap out of her reach, on his head, my 5 year-old son pulled him by a paw to help his sister. But the paw stayed in my son's hand. Quite a drama queen, Boo Boo muttered something to the staff member, snatched back his paw and without even a wave or a word to us, turned his back on us and left. My daughter was all sad, and my son very puzzled - he had done nothing wrong, just tried to help his sister. During a following train ride, Yogi showed the same disinterest towards kids. I can't believe the campground can't find more enthusiastic bear impersonators for Yogi and Boo Boo which are, for kids, the two main attractions of the Jellystone Park!!! But aside from the lethargicYogi and rather passive agressive Boo Boo - very pleasant stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are happy to learn that overall your stay was very pleasant and appreciate the input you have provided to us. It will be used to improve ourselves. We have had a long talk with Yogi and Boo Boo regarding your comments and both are sorry for disappointing your children.

We hope you will visit us once again and find that improvements have been made.

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
Fort edward
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at Jellystone Park at Paradise Pines for a week. Staff were often rude and unprofessional. While one of the few nicer employees was assisting me one of the rather rude employees yelled at her to answer the phone causing her to stop assisting me. This happened a few times during our visit. I paid $25 per kid for unlimited access to some of the attractions. "Unlimited" is actually when the attractions are opened at certain times. Often I had to go find an employee to open the attractions or to start the crafts that were scheduled. The rules apparently did not apply to staff as on numerous occasions I witnessed them going much faster on their golf carts than the 5 miles per hour allowed. I also witnessed one the owners drinking beer in the snack bar area and driving around on his golf cart after. Not a campground I would recommend bring your kids to. The playgrounds are run down. We saw Yogi bear only at the hey hey ride. We only saw Boo Boo and Cindy at the parade. I am sorry that wasted my one week vacation here

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Shannon1019
This review does not accurately represent this camper's visit to our park. Regrettably, this family and the other two families they were camping with are no longer welcomed at the park because of their actions.

Travellers are raving about these North Hudson hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

July 4th to July 12th, 2014. My husband and I have been to Paradise Pines on our Anniversary week for the last nine or ten years and love it. We had the most relaxing vacation during our stay this year. Every year there are improvements made in the park. Gina and Mike truly care about their campers safety and comfort. Let's face it, if you go to Paradise Pines you are CAMPING, the sites are not on top of each other, there is plenty of room on each and every site, whether you are in a tent, RV or one of their adorable rental cabins. I would like to address a few previous complaints made by other camper's: the people who are rude and unreasonable are some of the people who are camping there who complain about everything, it is not the owners or their staff. Concerning the various rules, the firewood, Mike and Gina are trying to preserve the beautiful Adirondack's and thank you for doing so,Mike and Gina. The cleanliness, if you see a mess somewhere most of the time it is one of your fellow campers who just throw their garbage wherever it lands, 99.9 percent of the time either the staff cleans up or a fellow camper. Although there are doggy clean up bags around the park, some campers don't feel it is their responsibility for cleaning up not only for their dogs but their children too, as I found out on the way to my site, in my sandal's. Do I yell at the employees or owners for this? Absolutely not, and I would love to find out who the person was that didn't take the responsibility of cleaning up after themselves or their dogs! Rules, I like rules, especially when people are speeding through the park on their golf carts and automobiles, kids are having fun and are not thinking about getting run over by a car IN A CAMP GROUND, and I am probably one of the people who yelled at you for speeding and putting a child, older, or disabled person in danger. If an employee is driving fast through the campground it is because they are trying to address the needs of a fellow camper, who needs help. If you want to stay at a five star hotel and pay 300.00 a night please feel free to bring your ill mannered selves and children there, if you want to really go camping in a SAFE environment go to Paradise Pines. If you don't like Jelly Stone Park at Paradise Pines you can try the mud hole Jelly Stone Park outside of Cooperstown, NY, where safety, cleanliness and any staff even showing that they work there much less smile is a amazing occurrence and hot commodity. We love Paradise Pines and will keep going back for short get always and vacations.
Thank you Mike, Gina and staff for doing your very best and yogi, I waved to you every time I saw you, love the yogi bear tuck in's at night, the kids seemed crazy about it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara D
It is wonderful to hear that you have spent your last 9-10 years celebrating your Anniversary with us! Our common courtesy rules and guidelines are in place to keep the park safe for all. We do our best with our staff to keep the park clean and hope campers will report any matter needing our attention to us so that we may take care of it immediately. The kids are wild about Yogi tuck - ins and the adults love them too!!

Thanks for staying with us. We are glad to know you will be camping with us many more times!

Mike & Gina Lenhard
Jellystone Park - North Hudson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The staff was rude and the owners should take a course on how to treat customers. This is not a family pltheyace. Its a place were people can go and let there kids run around so they can drink. Cant drivr more than 5mph but the golf carts are screaming by at 15mph. Play grounds have spikes sticking out of the wood trim and some pieces have duct tape holding it together. Sites are to small and you are looking into the camper next to yours.
while i was there my truck got hit with some stones which left dents in my new truck and since no one saw who threw the stones i had to call state police because the lodge said they arent responsible for the damages because we camp here at our own risk. So im gonna get stuck fixing my own truck because no one came forward.
bathrooms are dirty and it looks like they werent clean and when in the arcade there was beer bottles and cans laying on the tables that mu vrsnd daughter could grab.
Needless to say we feel like we wasted a whole week of our lives here and wasted the only week we take off as a whole family was ruined. So i say stay home or go someplace else to camp because this isnt a llace anyone should want to camp and we will never camp here again.
So thanks for ruining our family vacation jellystone i will make sure that anyone who was gonna go there does not.

• Stayed July 2014

#2 of 6 in Ticonderoga
Pine Tree Motel & Cabins
Pine Tree Motel & Cabins
#1 of 1 in Chestertown

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines? Share your experiences!