We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Hudson
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines
Wilton, New York
“Happy Campers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have been happily camping at Jellystone Park at Paradise Pines for the last 9 summers. I rent a cabin for myself and my three young children, ages 7 to 11. My parents rent a campsite for their Airstream camper. Our first year we stayed for 3 nights and we loved it so much that now we stay for 8 or 9 nights. We have always been very satisfied with our experiences each year. The staff is very helpful, friendly, and interested in making our stay enjoyable. The owners have been very good to us over the years and have made us feel so welcome.
We are very impressed that each year something new seems to be added for the kids to enjoy. Some of the activities my family loves most are the peddle carts, the bouncy pillow, tubing on the river, playing at the beach, biking around the park, the gem mining, use of pools and water slide, playground games, crafts, the hey, hey ride, the train ride, mini golf and the weekend dance. The fact that the kids are so happy and busy, makes the week very relaxing for the adults.The "Tuck in by a Bear" has been an all time favorite moment each summer.
The safety of the park is very appreciated as well, as no one can come into the park without registering.The campground is clean and well taken care of. If you put out garbage, it is collected within minutes. We have no complaints and look so forward to our week at North Hudson Jellystone each summer. This week spent at the campground is our favorite vacation of the year. Each year that we come we leave with sweet new family memories.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sue A
Gina L, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review and for also camping with us for so long! We enjoy being a part of a family's treasured memories and are happy that everyone has enjoyed their time with us. We look forward to your next visit and tucking the kids in!

Gina and Mike Lenhard
Jellystone Park at Paradise Pines

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fort Edward, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We spent a week at the park and our grandchildren had a ball but as for myself, as soon as I started to question pricing the owner's took offense, our site had a branch hanging over our camper that I brought to their attention and was told it was going on the list of things to do. When we arrived I asked that a pile of dead leaves be racked up due to my concern it being by the fire pit, I was told by one employee that it would be a waste of time due to the leaves falling, I looked up and said they are green, after a couple of days, I stopped another employee and asked and he went right away to get rake and even let my husband rake it to give him something to do. I think they are in need of more staff.Our site had roots all over and was a safety concern but no one cared. I just read we are no longer welcome there and that is fine, if you run a business and ban visitors because they have a bad stay, shame on you. There is more I could post but it will do no good.

5 Thank mcnoy
Gina L, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We appreciate all of our reviews, both positive and negative, and use our campers insight to make our park better. Glad to hear your grandchildren had a ball.

Gina & Mike

Travellers are raving about these North Hudson hotels

Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The park is very good for families with kids but we didn't have kids with us and were able to enjoy the 4 th of July weekend, they had plenty of activities and staff to keep the kids busy. The sites are a little too close together. The laundry room is clean and has plenty of machines and a place to fold. The bathrooms were clean and there are enough of them even when the campground was full.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Gina L, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks for letting others know more about our campground! We strive to keep the restrooms clean, our campers busy with many activities, and the park safe for all. While no one really wants to do laundry while on vacation it is many times a necessity and we recognize the importance of a clean and amply equipped laundry.

Hope to have you stay with us in the future!

Mike & Gina Lenhard
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was the first stop of a tour we did and the kids were so excited by all the fun things, namely the bouncie, the waterslide and the slushies. I found it not bad and the reservation process was very pleasant. We were RV novices and one of the staff helped us park and hook up. My only complaint is that the bathrooms were filthy and the shower experience unpleasant. They could improve that significantly.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you found the cleanliness of our bathrooms unpleasant and have shared your review with our housekeeping staff. Cleanliness of the restrooms is of the utmost importance and we continually strive to do a better job. Hope to see you at the park again!

Happy Camping!

Jellystone Park at Paradise Pines
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Loved this campground. Rustic and in the Adirondack style. Don't stay here if you want good cable TV or satellite signal, that's not what this campground is about! You will enjoy visiting with neighbors, staying to yourself or just relaxing by the river fishing. Their pool, laundry, cafe and activities will be a treat for everyone of all ages. The staff were top notch, especially the owners.

Room Tip: Get a spot over looking the river.
Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Jeremy R
Thanks for sharing your camping experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor. We do our best to offer an authentic Adirondack camping experience to our guests. For those who need a little more excitement there are many activities for them as well. Your compliments will be passed onto our staff who try their best to serve our guests courteously.

Hope to have you stay at the park again!

Jellystone Park
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

In terms of location, this campground is close to many things to see and do including Lake George, Lake Champlain, ferry rides to VT, High Peaks region, Ausable Chasm, Schroon Lake, etc. We have been to another Jellystone campground in NYS and loved it so much we wanted to try a different one. Combined with the fact that the Adirondacks is one our favorite places to visit this seemed perfect. Unfortunately, this Jellystone does not compare. To make the reservation it was a bit of a challenge to get a hold of someone to ask questions about the grounds and sites. After I made the reservation my email confirmation had information regarding an additional $25.00 for the length of the stay for guest to participate in several activities on the grounds (jump pillow, train ride, pedal carts, slushy, water slide, etc). We did not choose to purchase this, there seemed to be enough recreation activities throughout the day to participate in without spending the extra money. This was a difference from the other Jellystone that we stayed at where everything was included. There are sites that are on the Schroon River, if you have tubes bring them to float on rather than purchase them at the camp store. There seemed to be a good variety of recreation activities for kids throughout the day and we chose to leave the grounds to do some other activities during our stay. We found a couple of the staff enthusiastic to help and had good suggestions, and we had the experience where many were not helpful or could not answer basic questions regarding the area, etc. We have camped in many campgrounds both in NYS and out of state including private and state parks and the sites at Paradise Pines are small in comparison. It forces you to get to know your neighbor! The staff did do a good job at enforcing quiet hours, we were across from the playground and one of the evenings there were some older kids on the playground well after 10:00 p.m. My son who is 5 is at a great age, and still loved camping here. For us it was a mix of good and not so good, and is likely a place that we will not revisit.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gina L, Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We are sorry to hear that you will likely not return to our park as it seems that you enjoyed our location and all that is offered in the Lake George and Lake Champlain area. Campers are given the option to participate in our wristband program for their length of stay and many folks find this to be a great value. For those who wish not to participate we do our best to offer many complimentary activities and facilities which also give campers much to do. We apologize if some of the staff was not as friendly or courteous as they are expected to be. Our reviews are shared with our staff members as we always strive to do a better job.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to earn back your trust!

Jellystone Park - North Hudson, NY
Plattsburgh, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

As a divorced mom with two high energy kids (5 and 7), renting a cabin for the 4th of July week-edn was perfect! Pools were a bit cold but the giant jumping pillow, pedal cars, the playgrounds and the many roads to ride bicycles were perfect! The Cindy cabin we rented had four beds (2 bunks - no barrier for upper levels) that we did not use as my kids saw right away the "loft" with mattress up a ladder. under the roof! We slept there the three nights, me blocking the access to the ladder... Cabin equipped with all needed - fridge, microwave, toaster (and TV that we never turned on - too much fun outside!). The only major downfall: the foul-smelling, moldy little bathroom. I would not recommend to someone with asthma. We enjoyed our stay a lot, rain or shine. Some campers said they resented the nearby highway noise, but we barely noticed it (although the 87 is right outside the campsite).

Although pricey, the little store had all that one could need (and a lot more, if you go in with your kids!).

In addition to highly priced extras (mining, mini-golf, several rentals, etc.), the campground offers "community venues" - free cartoons in the morning, free wagon rides, train rides, etc.

The only big deception to my kids (and I!): how distant and unprofessional were the two mascots! Yogi and Boo Boo kept just standing there, barely moving, getting AWAY of the kids as much and as fast as they could. I paid 7$ for each of my kids so they could have a "breakfast with Boo Boo". We sat at a pic-nic table, my kids were given a paper-wrapped egg muffin sandwich with sausage (not too good) with nothing to drink. Boo Boo came with one of the personnel members but just stood next to the table. The staff member started a game, telling him not to steal the kids' sandwiches - the mascot barely took the hint to move. When he finally put my daughter's cap out of her reach, on his head, my 5 year-old son pulled him by a paw to help his sister. But the paw stayed in my son's hand. Quite a drama queen, Boo Boo muttered something to the staff member, snatched back his paw and without even a wave or a word to us, turned his back on us and left. My daughter was all sad, and my son very puzzled - he had done nothing wrong, just tried to help his sister. During a following train ride, Yogi showed the same disinterest towards kids. I can't believe the campground can't find more enthusiastic bear impersonators for Yogi and Boo Boo which are, for kids, the two main attractions of the Jellystone Park!!! But aside from the lethargicYogi and rather passive agressive Boo Boo - very pleasant stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are happy to learn that overall your stay was very pleasant and appreciate the input you have provided to us. It will be used to improve ourselves. We have had a long talk with Yogi and Boo Boo regarding your comments and both are sorry for disappointing your children.

We hope you will visit us once again and find that improvements have been made.

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
#1 of 4 in North Hudson
Pine Tree Motel & Cabins
Pine Tree Motel & Cabins
#1 of 1 in Chestertown

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines? Share your experiences!