We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Hudson
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines
Hopewell Jct
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family has stayed at this campsite once before and had a great time that we decided to return this year. I can honestly say that I was very disappointed by the service and staff at the campsite.
Many staff members were rude and had no interest in being helpful to my family.
The peddle carts required children to wear helmets, but my cousins child was given a broken helmet that had "broken" written on it in marker.
Every time my family would walk into the store they would be greeted by a disinterested staff member who gave them a hard time.
When it came time to leave my children wanted to buy ice cream for the road and one of the staff members told them that they shouldn't even be in the store anymore and they had to leave because it was past the check out time.
We had already checked out but wanted to buy one last thing and the staff member made it clear that we have to be off the premises unless we're staying another day. I was appalled that she even said this. True we had already checked out but were just trying to buy some ice cream for my children, we weren't taking anything.
After we left the campsite I had noticed that my credit card had been charged an extra amount.
I reached out to the campsite twice and both times was assured that I would get a call back with a response as to why I was charged and have yet to hear from them.
I am very disappointed with this trip and would not recommend any friends or family to stay here.

6 Thank ecua0152
Gina L, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We have contacted this camper privately to resolve their concerns.

Gina and Mike Lenhard
Jellystone Park at Paradise Pines

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in a rustic cabin. It was clean, nice fridge, also had a microwave, coffee maker and tv. We also had a charcoal grill, fire ring and picnic table. Campsites were close together. We got eaten alive by Mosquitos and they were very accommodating and quick about changing us to a cabin with a screened in porch. That was much better although the screens were not secure in places. Big beds but not very comfortable. But not any worse than a mediocre air mattress or sleeping bag. Bathrooms were very clean. Showers were hot and clean. Not all the sink faucets worked. They are energy conscious so the showers push on and you have to keep pushing it on cause it only lasts a few minutes. Hard for kids to shower because the water blasts them in face. Lots of kid activities. Very clean pool. Fun jumping pillow, great playground, mini golf was fun but overrun by Mosquitos, pedal carts also fun. There were lots of kids around. They had a couple movie nights. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly good selection of items in store good ice cream delivered your wood to your site and picked up your trash everyday everyone has to wear wristbands to try and avoid strangers coming on grounds close to the highway and could hear the trucks at night but didn't other us to much but we are from city so it just became background noise. The campground is in the middle of nowhere and all the big touristy things are about an 1-1.5 hours north/northwest and lake George is about 45 minutes south. Although LG is very touristy and charges for everything (parking). Walmart is the best grocery store and it's a 30 minute drive to Ticonderoga. They had gluten free items and healthy snacks at Walmart. schroon lake is really nice and only a 15 minute drive. Quiet pretty beach, reasonable boat rentals at schroon lake marina, lots of hiking trails and Mrs. Ps has great bar b que.

2 Thank Sofian6
Thank you for comments about your recent stay with us! Our campers comments, both positive and negative, help us to correct our mistakes as well as plan for future improvements. Your specific concerns have been passed onto the maintenance staff so as not to inconvenience any other guests.

Happy Camping!
Wilton, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have been happily camping at Jellystone Park at Paradise Pines for the last 9 summers. I rent a cabin for myself and my three young children, ages 7 to 11. My parents rent a campsite for their Airstream camper. Our first year we stayed for 3 nights and we loved it so much that now we stay for 8 or 9 nights. We have always been very satisfied with our experiences each year. The staff is very helpful, friendly, and interested in making our stay enjoyable. The owners have been very good to us over the years and have made us feel so welcome.
We are very impressed that each year something new seems to be added for the kids to enjoy. Some of the activities my family loves most are the peddle carts, the bouncy pillow, tubing on the river, playing at the beach, biking around the park, the gem mining, use of pools and water slide, playground games, crafts, the hey, hey ride, the train ride, mini golf and the weekend dance. The fact that the kids are so happy and busy, makes the week very relaxing for the adults.The "Tuck in by a Bear" has been an all time favorite moment each summer.
The safety of the park is very appreciated as well, as no one can come into the park without registering.The campground is clean and well taken care of. If you put out garbage, it is collected within minutes. We have no complaints and look so forward to our week at North Hudson Jellystone each summer. This week spent at the campground is our favorite vacation of the year. Each year that we come we leave with sweet new family memories.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sue A
Thank you for your kind review and for also camping with us for so long! We enjoy being a part of a family's treasured memories and are happy that everyone has enjoyed their time with us. We look forward to your next visit and tucking the kids in!

Gina and Mike Lenhard
Fort Edward, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We spent a week at the park and our grandchildren had a ball but as for myself, as soon as I started to question pricing the owner's took offense, our site had a branch hanging over our camper that I brought to their attention and was told it was going on the list of things to do. When we arrived I asked that a pile of dead leaves be racked up due to my concern it being by the fire pit, I was told by one employee that it would be a waste of time due to the leaves falling, I looked up and said they are green, after a couple of days, I stopped another employee and asked and he went right away to get rake and even let my husband rake it to give him something to do. I think they are in need of more staff.Our site had roots all over and was a safety concern but no one cared. I just read we are no longer welcome there and that is fine, if you run a business and ban visitors because they have a bad stay, shame on you. There is more I could post but it will do no good.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank mcnoy
Gina L, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We appreciate all of our reviews, both positive and negative, and use our campers insight to make our park better. Glad to hear your grandchildren had a ball.

Gina & Mike

Travellers are raving about these North Hudson hotels

Miami
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The park is very good for families with kids but we didn't have kids with us and were able to enjoy the 4 th of July weekend, they had plenty of activities and staff to keep the kids busy. The sites are a little too close together. The laundry room is clean and has plenty of machines and a place to fold. The bathrooms were clean and there are enough of them even when the campground was full.

• Stayed July 2014
Gina L, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks for letting others know more about our campground! We strive to keep the restrooms clean, our campers busy with many activities, and the park safe for all. While no one really wants to do laundry while on vacation it is many times a necessity and we recognize the importance of a clean and amply equipped laundry.

Hope to have you stay with us in the future!

Mike & Gina Lenhard
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was the first stop of a tour we did and the kids were so excited by all the fun things, namely the bouncie, the waterslide and the slushies. I found it not bad and the reservation process was very pleasant. We were RV novices and one of the staff helped us park and hook up. My only complaint is that the bathrooms were filthy and the shower experience unpleasant. They could improve that significantly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you found the cleanliness of our bathrooms unpleasant and have shared your review with our housekeeping staff. Cleanliness of the restrooms is of the utmost importance and we continually strive to do a better job. Hope to see you at the park again!

Happy Camping!

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Loved this campground. Rustic and in the Adirondack style. Don't stay here if you want good cable TV or satellite signal, that's not what this campground is about! You will enjoy visiting with neighbors, staying to yourself or just relaxing by the river fishing. Their pool, laundry, cafe and activities will be a treat for everyone of all ages. The staff were top notch, especially the owners.

Room Tip: Get a spot over looking the river.