“Great sunday afternoons!!”

Upendo
Ranked #34 of 291 Restaurants in Zanzibar Island
Price range: US$5 - US$70
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a bar, lounge & restaurant located on one of the most unique and beautiful spots in Zanzibar. We are open every day from 08:00 with our kitchen closing at 21:30, and are known for good quality cuisine (international) cooked fresh to order. We take pride in our food & service as well as creating a special atmosphere. We have a wide selection of dishes to suit all pallets & budgets but we do not rush you! We have a main pool area and sun deck that are complimentary for those staying or dining with us. There is FREE wifi on site. We also offer accommodation in form of a luxury private villa & beach bandas.
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Sundays are the best in Upendo! With a lovely view on the Rock restaurant.. great drinks and good food, we had a great lazy sunday afternoon!!!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We went to Upendo to see "the restaurant on the rock" which we had heard was fun to look at but did not have great food. What we found was a Paradise!!! Upendo is the definition of "tropical oasis!" The staff is wonderful, the food is great, the pool is refreshing and the view is unlike any thing you have ever seen! My family and I went back the very next day because we had so much fun. I would recommend Upendo to anyone!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I came here for an intended quick drink while waiting for our appetites to kick in before we headed to the Rock for lunch.

This place is great, its so relaxing you feel at home right away. The owner Trish came over we had an nice chat with her. After 2 cocktails and the mellow music playing in the background we just couldn't bring ourselves to leave. We ended up ordering lunch which was delish (try the crab balls), service with a smile, all the staff are friendly and ambiance will make you not want to leave.

Lovely afternoon out

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great venue to relax and mong out , with amazing view of the now famous "Rock".
Very relaxing. The pool needs cleaning but hey, T I A.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I had a lunch at Upendo before going over to The Rock. Excellent food, cold beer and very convenient and relaxed seating. Nice view over the ocean. Really a place to relax and enjoy life. Friendly staff.
Only negative point was that the music was to loud at lunchtime for my taste, I would have preferred to listen to the waves and the wind...