“A great experience with serious instructors”

Rising Sun Dive Center
Ranked #1 of 145 Tours in Zanzibar Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the Unexplored with Zanzibar's only 5 Star Gold Palm and National Geographic Dive Centre! This means that we offer you the highest levels of customer care and attention whilst encouraging you to conserve and explore the marine environment. We take divers from complete beginners up to professional level and have a massive variety of diving. Guaranteeing something for everyone. With our small groups of a maximum of 6 divers per guide we are able to offer you the chance to escape the large crowds and get the most from your dives. Rising Sun dive centre is located on the South East beach which offers some of the best diving on this side of the island with its 65km fringing reef and abundant aquatic life. We are situated in the beautiful resort of Breezes Beach Club and Spa, next to Baraza & Palms resort & Spa.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We did our scuba diver certificate at zanzibar, at the rising sun dive center.
It was the first time that we went diving and it was a great experience!
The courses were very clear and our instructor, Michele Falchetto, was a very good and serious instructor. His explanations and instructions were very clear and easy to understand so that I felt well prepared for my first dive. He was very very patient when I had some difficulties while doing certain skills in the pool, what I really appreciated!
I felt very secure doing my first dive with this instructor.
The dive center in general made a very good and serious impression and you were always warmly welcomed!
A very big thank you to the whole team of the Rising sun Dive center and more especially to Michele for this very positive and beautiful experience!

1  Thank Lynn-Luxembourg
"in tip top shape"
"warm temperature"
"baraza resort"
in 2 reviews
"nothing is too much trouble"
"diving center"
"lots of marine life"
"boat crew"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I completed a recertification dive at this facility with Michele Falchetto (the Italian instructor). He was far and away one of the most competent instructors I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with - I was very impressed with his professional, thorough review of diving concepts, and with his ability to handle my moments of panic as I got back into the water for the first time in many years. I highly recommend Rising Sun Dive Centre.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed in Breezes and did start at Sun Dive Center with the Dive Explorer course. But after our first pool session and the first dive in the lagoon it was clear that we will continue and do the Scuba Diver.
Many thanks to Michele Falchetto our Instructor, it was a wonderful time and we enjoyed the lessons with you. We had a lot of fun, but we appreciated as well your professional skills, we felt all the time well instructed and very safe doing our dives. So, thanks for your fabulous work, we will recommend you.
Keep on going guys!
Tom&Maria

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have stayed in Baraza Resort and Spa for 4 days during our stay in Zanzibar. I always had some passion for sea but this time I had an opportunity to experience it with Rising Sun Dive Center. Everybody who were working in the dive centre was enthuisactic and they were there to make sure that we are spending fun time and also learning new stuff. We have worked with Michele Falchetto with the rest of my family. I haven't seen anybody who has more patience than him, he spent extra hours with us in the pool to make sure that everybody feels comfortable with the skills. I have practiced many skills with him for 2 days, he was like an older brother to me thats how i felt during the session. We dived to few places with him and I feel secured because he thought me skills crystal clear. I recommend you to meet with all the crew who works there even if you don't consider taking classes just to see an perfect example of hospitality, which i believe you will end up taking courses to discover beautiful underwater of Zanzibar.

Once again I want to thank you to the crew and special thanks to my diver buddy and older brother Michele for his time !!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I can't rate The Rising Sun Dive Centre at The Breezes hotel on the east coast of Zanzibar more highly. My two young children, my wife and I spent two weeks at the hotel in April, escaping for the English Easter school holidays. We had a fabulous time. The hotel is spectacular, and owing to the time of year (officially the rainy season, but a week and a half without a drop), it was almost empty. We had the place and the staff virtually to ourselves. We only really explored the dive centre in the last week, when my ten year old son asked to have a go. The staff at the centre were charming and very obliging. He learnt the basics in the pool and then went out for a taster in the nearby lagoon while the rest of us went snorkelling. Needless to say, he's hooked and so are we. I've now dug out my ancient Open Water PADI card and we're all looking forward to heading back to explore the extraordinarily beautiful and untouched reef further. Bring it on.