“David and his team could not have been more helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aquarius Divers - CLOSED

Aquarius Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Brent Knoll, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“David and his team could not have been more helpful”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

When I booked our trip to Ras Nungwi it was largely because of the reputation of Zanzibar Water sports. I contacted the dive centre before booking my holiday to check that I got the sort of responses that I wanted.

So it was a bit of a concern when it turned out that the dive centre has changed when I arrived.
First contact with the dive centre was friendly and relaxed, but when we returned to book some dives and courses things had got more difficult because they were busy.
David really tried his best, and when I was wiling to work with him everything became easy. After our first dive, I guess he worked out that we were serious divers and he couldn't have been more helpful.
All of the guys that we dealt with and dived with were very professional and helpful. One of our party did her first Discover Scuba Diver and really enjoyed it. Us experienced divers had some very relaxed and enjoyable dives, and the non diver with us had some good snorkelling at Mnemba and Kendwa.
David tried his hardest to arrange a jet ski safari for us, with one of the other centres of the old company, which would have been very expensive, but they couldn't field more than one jet ski so we didn't bother in the end. No fault of Davids.
David also persevered with the kite surfing guys, who eventually gave some of our party some lessons. I actually gave up on them before David did.
Our dives local to Nungwi were great- not quite as good as Mnemba, the local Marine reserve, but better than most of the places we have been. Sadly the Maldives skews your judgement on dive sites, but the dives we did with Aquarius were very close. The friendliness and professionalism of the staff made up for any difference in the dive sites.
We rented Kayaks from the centre at low tide when the lagoon was very shallow - I would not have wanted to do it at high tide when it was quite rough.
We went on an excellent Sunset cruise. The tides made it difficult to get into the boat, which I imagine would have upset some people, but as divers/snorkellers we were fine getting wet on the way into the boat.
Wind surfing is no longer available, but actually I agree with David that there was too much danger of people getting injured in the shallow water.
David - concentrate on the excellent diving service that you offer, and you can't go wrong :-)
Also value the guys that you have - they were all really friendly and helpful - making us feel safe and comfortable.

Visited August 2013