I had an amazing time on Chumbe, the coral reef is one of the most beautiful places to snorkel in the world. I got to swim with turtles, see eels, rays, lion fish, huge grouper, see colorful coral, tropical fishes, and hear whales singing. The guides lead informative nature hikes and snorkel tours, and even showed us the huge coconut crabs at night. The eco-houses you stay in are so amazing with open air design and natural lighting. The composting toilets worked great and didn't smell, the rainwater collection was amazing and solar heater made warm showers. The food and dining area were beautiful, lots of fresh fruits and veggies with a local flair. The staff were so kind and welcoming. I would recommend Chumbe Island to honeymooners, couples, family's with children over 7, groups of friends, and single travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Chumbe Island Coral Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar