What an amazing day. You arrive by small fishing boat to a pristine pure white sand beach and then walk around the headland to the restaurant. Even though we were not staying the night, we were all given use of the same bungalows that you would have if you were staying, for our own use for the day. The huts themselves are gorgeous, and totally eco-friendly, and we could shower after our fabulous morning snorkelling around the coral reef. There is plenty of fish here as well, as one side of the island is protected, and no fishing is allowed here. The food provided at lunchtime was exceptionally good. My only regret is that we did not book to stay overnight! Next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Chumbe Island Coral Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar