The island is gorgeous and the snorkeling is just AMAZING! I haven't seen so many colors in one sight....ever. The huts are absolutely dreamy! Except they have a few lizards hanging out on the walls. If you are terrified of lizards (like I am) you may want to consider a day trip rather than staying over night. The food was top notch too! I am so glad we got to visit this absolute gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning exclusive private island, fully managed nature reserve and marine park. Guided tours included through spectacular coral reef, forest and mangrove nature trails, historic lighthouse and visitors' centre. State-of-the-art zero-footprint eco-architecture (photovoltaic energy, rainwater harvesting, solar water heating, composting toilets). Free environmental education programs for local schools. Winner of British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow award 1999, UNEP Global500 award 2000, National Geographic Geotourism Challenge award 2008, finalist Aga Khan award for architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Chumbe Island Coral Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Hotel Zanzibar
- Chumbe Island Coral Park Zanzibar