Initially my opinion of Sunset Bungalows was quite high, decent rooms, nice beach, things seemed alright. A group of us were booked to stay two nights and on the afternoon of the second day 3 of our rooms were broken into and our belongings searched through. Overall approximately $500 US was stolen and two mobile phones.
The rooms were locked prior to and after the robbery, as such it must have been someone who had a key into all the rooms. It also didnt help that the safe's in a number of the rooms were not operable. When the robbery was reported to reception staff they simply initially ignored it and blamed the occupants of the rooms. They refused to contact the police saying "they dont know the number" and the police "are too far away". We persisted and took a taxi to the police which was less then 1km away. The reception staff then showed up at the police station and told the police that nothing had been stolen and that we made the whole story up.
The staff were extremely rude through out the entire episode and continually laughed at the people who had things stolen. They claim to have security however they wee not present at the time of the robbery and the security camera's were "not working that day".
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sunset Kendwa, your place to stay in the tropical paradise of Zanzibar's north coast. Fringed by powdery-white sand beaches, azure waters, and thriving coral reefs, the exotic spice island of Zanzibar is the most idyllic of tropical destinations. We offer a wide range of brightly decorated traditional rooms and bungalows, as well as all the facilities you will need to help you ease into Zanzibar's relaxed pace of life. Right on the perfect sands of Kendwa beach on Zanzibar's north coast, this is the perfect place to unwind, spend your days swimming or sun-bathing, snorkelling, scuba diving with our award winning on site water sports centre Scuba Do Zanzibar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sunset Kendwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Bungalows Hotel Zanzibar
- Sunset Hotel Zanzibar
- Sunset Beach Hotel Zanzibar