“Oh, you want to go here..!”

The Seyyida Rooftop Restaurant
Ranked #197 of 247 Restaurants in Zanzibar Island
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Oslo
“Oh, you want to go here..!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We spent four days in Stone Town, july 2014, and stayed at the hotel Seyyida.

As part of the stay we had breakfast and dinner AND sunset drinks at the Seyyida Rooftop Restaurant. It is just awesome! You must try it:-)
Our dinner and breakfasts included our boys at 14 and 17, the sunset drinks works perfect for just the couple.

For breakfast; enough food, slow and friendly service (expect to spend an hour or more), and the waiter will be sure to mix your order up a little:-) That means he will bring you the plate intended for the table next to yours. But dont worry, they do it in a low key, friendly and just superbly friendly way, and they will correct the mistake. The breakfast comes in several serving, and all is excellent, from the breadbasket, the fruit and the egg, sausage etc. Do try the avacado toast, and enjoy the oh-so-sweet orange juice.

For sunset, do go for a coke, a bottle of wine (small selection, but ok), or a cocktail. Very nice, but at this terrace? Fantastic:-)

For dinner; we tried this one; the Post, the Terrace of Mashariki, and the food market. You should try all of them, but this is my favourite, and YES it is the terrace and the friendly service that does it:-)

PS; yes, I know I am raving, but this is an excellent restaurant, and not yet reviewed? Almost empty, and oh so charming? What can I say, do go.

PS2; if you happen to be served by the manager of the restaurant; ask if he can point out some of the historic buildings you see around you. The sultans palace was all around:-)

PS3; dont go if you are in a hurry. And if you are really annoyed if the waiter brings you a irish whiskey when you asked for irish coffee? Learn swahili or speak really simple english:-)

PS4; After working on our 2500 pictures from Africa, I may update with some of my own. Check their website for (very professional) photos of the terrace.

I may not be staying at the Seyyida hotel for my next visit to Stone Town, but if I am ever back in the charming city I will be having both breakfast and a sunset-bottle of wine at this terrace:-)

• Visited July 2014