This was exactly what I was looking for after a NYE at Kendwa beach. I stopped at Matemwe Beach, which was definitely stunning and alluring, yet I preferred the feeling of solitude at the SMCP in Pongwe. My single banda ($30USD) was spacious, with two towels and plenty of storage space. The fan was adequate, and there was a mosquito net there if I wanted to use it. A private bathroom was attached, though expect that the shower is not segregated from the rest of the bathroom.
There are hammocks and chairs on the beach, and a lovely little bar/restaurant patio for your meals. The food for vegetarians is nothing special. Basic pastas and curries, but with no real flair. But the beer is cheap and cold :)
All the staff is very welcoming and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering beachfront accommodation in Pongwe, Santa Maria Coral Park has a restaurant and bar on site and offers special diet menus on request. Guests can rent bicycles to explore the surroundings. Free Wi-Fi access is available throughout. Each room has a private balcony, and mosquito nets over the beds. There is an outdoor seating area and a private entrance for each unit. The private bathroom is fitted, and the room offers sea views from the balcony. Santa Maria Coral Park has a beautiful tropical a garden. Services include a tour desk and free parking. Zanzibar International Airport is 45 km away and Jozani Chwaka National Park is a 30-minute drive from the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Jovago.com and Booking.com so you can book your Santa Maria Coral Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Maria Coral Park Hotel Pongwe
- Santa Maria Coral Park Pongwe, Zanzibar Island