“This is my favorite place to eat.”
Review of Le Grill du Castel

Le Grill du Castel
Price range: US$17 - US$41
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I lived in Commarin for 2 years and frequented the Grill du Castel. I also go back every time I am local.

Lovely family run business, some of the best steaks and cheeses i've ever had.

Book me a table for 4 in August please.

Highly recommended.

2  Thank Maria R

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Situated across from the Chateau ruins, this is great grill. The chef cooks over the open fire. On a rainy day, this was a cozy place for lunch.
As it was our first day in Burgundy, we had to go for the Burgundy specials - jambon persille, a ham, garlic and parsley terrine, and boeuf bourguignon, the traditional beef stew. Both were excellent and very authentic.
The cheese plate was superb - Tomme, a chevre and our favorite, a strong epoisses cheese.
Service was great - we really enjoyed our meal.
I highly recommend it.

2  Thank FranklyFrancophile
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Went to see the village of Chateauneuf-en-Auxois in March 2012. My wife, three children and I wandered in at lunch to the restaurant located across from the castle. The grill located in the dining room indicated that we would be definitely having the steaks (charolais). The food and the service were both excellent and the kids were treated well. Has my highest recommendation. If you are travelling along the A6 towards Beaune I suggest you make this your lunchtime stop.

1  Thank robert k
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My wife and I enjoyed some terrific steaks here last month after an enjoyable visit to the old village of Chateauneuf. The dining experience on the outdoor terrace could not have been better. A week later when we were passing by this area we decided to make a detour to have lunch here again. Much to our disappointment, as is often the case in Europe, the restaurant was closed that day!

1  Thank John16752024
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Congratulations, you found Chateauneuf en Auxois. Isn't it charming? But, where to eat? If you like great grilled meats, then Le Grill du Castel is your place. The ambience is nice. The waiters are friendly. The regular items on the menu are just fine thank you. But the grilled meat is outstanding. The grill itself is the central feature of the dining room. There is a stack of wood to the back of the grill that is constantly being converted into incandesent coals. The grill chef is a master. The hard part is determining what you want to have grilled. An endercote? Lamb?A mixed grill? It's all great. Have your party order one of each and share. The wine list is loaded with fine wines from just down the A6. The prices are reasonable.

Enjoy!