Hotel Restaurant le Corsaire
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
L'Escale(Etretat)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Restarurant of Le Corsaire in Etretat was awful! We dined in this place two nights ago (our family of 6) and all got sick after dining here. ! They did not have heater for us even though we asked! The food was undercooked. Waiting time was long and the crêpes were not cooked at all. I will never dine at this place again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Ok, so parking in Etretat is a nightmare - that's not the fault of the hotel! We arrived stressed after struggling to find the hotel with our satnav and giving up on parking nearby. Etretat seemed full of people and we were wishing we had chosen a different town. But we were given a friendly welcome and loved our sea view room with large windows looking out on to the amazing cliffs and the sea, so soon relaxed and got in to holiday mode. The price is about right for the location, the modern room and bathroom, and great breakfast. Even got some service with a smile. We loved our stay here and hope to come back again

Room Tip: Definitely worth paying extra for a sea view as the cliffs are so stunning
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed one night in this hotel on the last day of July 2012. It was a nightmare to find a parking place nearby early afternoon, but eventually someone left a spot when my husband drove around, and I stood in it like a statue, fencing insults from other motorists, until he came seconds later to park. We fed the meeter and were able to lug our luggage to the Corsaire just around the corner, and left it behind the desk while we went for refresments. Our room was on the top floor overlooking the roofs and the delightful 'Jardins Gorbeaux'. It was a lovely little room, newly and tastefully decorated with a immaculately clean modern new bathroom. Unfortunately the staircase was hard work, and looked a bit shabby, and smelled somewhat rancied. The desk staff were helpful and kind. We only had drinks in the restaurant in the afternoon, so cannot comment on the food,but the restaurant we ate in right at the quieter end of the beach was superb, and not a tourist trap at all. We enjoyed being right in front of the beach promenade to enjoy an amazing sunset beyond les falaises.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I'm cheap and wanted to stay in The Detective or the Salamandre, both look really cool. Wife loves the ocean views and I (stupidly?) asked her which of the 3 she preferred. So we booked two nights on a seaview balcony for 412eur, ouch!

Arrived around 1400h on a Friday afternoon in July. First note - there's not much parking in Etretat! Hotel has a little 15min loading area just outside which was empty for us, good thing, too. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful; I did all the check-in in French, then my wife arrived with a bag and the receptionist whipped out some perfect English - like good enough English I suspect it was her first language! That was good to know. Anyway, she also hooked me up with a good map & areas to hunt for a free parking space. After two laps of the town (no fun in a giant Honda Odyssey with tourists wandering blindly in the street taking pictures and shopping and trying hard to get run over) I scored a free spot! Pay parking was only good for 5 hours, and there were parking inspectors everywhere.

Back to the hotel - our room was AWESOME! Big balcony, room for 2-3 chairs out there. Views of both arches. Big 4-poster bed with those white netting things draped all over it. giant jacuzzi tub (which was really loud). Comfortable pull-out couch for junior.

I have to admit, I immensely enjoyed watching the last hour of the Tour de France in the room, sipping a glass of wine and glancing out the window at the arch from time to time; very cool.

Breakfast was a minimal continental, nothing special to say, huge cup of coffee.

Check-out was easy at the desk, not so easy with the car; had to double-park for the upload, as all the spaces in the 15 min zone were occupied, and for a lot longer than 15 min!

If you go, try for room 14; according to the fire escape blueprints, it's the biggest room.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NATOPatsFan
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I want expecting much to be honest. At 80€ a night for a double looking over the town not the sea. It had 2 stars and don't feature much in searches. But I was desperate and had to book. Lovely clean room with a surprisingly nice view over the town. All recently renovated with wonderful hot showers. Breakfast is yr usual croissant and coffee.

I arrived minus an iPhone charger so Nathan on the desk kindly went home and got his. What a great guy. If you want to know about buses or trains from fieppe let me know as I found no info on the web

• Stayed: July 2012