“Seafood nothing particular”

Ranked #38 of 50 Restaurants in Etretat
Price range: US$9 - US$47
Cuisines: French, Italian
Reviewed 18 October 2015

I went there after a long hike and needed a good meal. I ordered one of the fish specialties. It was ok, but not exceptional or even there was nothing particular about it. The service there varies from one person to the other. Some are helpful and cordial, while others might need to work a bit on their smile. Their prices are not high though.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Attention! it is right at the corner in front of the casino, before entering the beach side (view of the cliffs). We enter there because, being in Normadie, the place in France where one is supposed to have the best "crêpes" my wife was tented for a crêpe, and sincerely it has been the worse crêpe I ever had.... Not recommended!

Reviewed 18 February 2015

Plenty of offerings about but was tempted in by the fact that there were nice empty tables by the window and the place looked reasonably smart. However as others have said the policy here is to squeeze couples together in the middle of the restaurant first. I am used to this French habit of close dining (and quite enjoy it at times) but it may not be to everybody's liking. Nevertheless we were all put together very closely to an extent that the fire brigade or H&S in England would have gone mad. Not for the claustrophobic at all. Having said that the service was good and the meal adequate at an ok price. Good selection of mussels and pancakes so overall average but I would not be back or recommend.

1  Thank davidwnorth
Reviewed 5 August 2014

As we live in the part of Europe, we went with pizza vice French cuisine. Wife ordered one of the 'special' pizzas...had cheese, sauce, and ham and missed four of the listed ingredients. My pizza was the pizza with potato and was decent enough. Came out to 55 euro for two individual pizzas, 1/2 litre of wine, and tap water.

Positive was the tall, brown haired hostess was very nice and attentive. Tip left for her, not the cooks.

The staff hangs out 10 feet from the tables, across the narrow street and smokes. When four congregate and light up it is a bit obnoxious.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

La Belle Epoque was nothing else but a regular to poor service restaurant that are all around Europe with expensive or pricey menus for poor quality food and service. Waiter was lost and was running all over the place as there was only one server for probably over 8 or 10 tables at the time for dinner. Meal was nothing to remember but I do remember the check was pricey so that is not a good sign. I have doubts about how clean the kitchen was... Just watch out.

1  Thank GiancarloA330
Delcourt G, Directeur général at La Belle Epoque pastati & Patatate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your visit.
Our staff and myself do our best to satisfy our customers, however, if this was not the case, we apologize.

cordially