“Horrible, place to avoid, awful service”

La Belle Epoque pastati & Patatate
Ranked #37 of 49 Restaurants in Etretat
Price range: US$9 - US$47
Cuisines: French, Italian
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

We visited this place because there was no other open in winter time. Food is nothing great, basically frozen type, but the worst was the service received. Always I have loved visiting Normandie because of their nice people but this time after living three years in France I had to receive xenophobic comments and loud laughing at me from one of their waiters due to my strong Spanish accent talking in French (even that I speak French fluently), they thought I don't understand French... . The person in charge reacted positively trying to buy me thru a glass of cider but it was too much. France is a lovely country that doesn't deserve services as horrible as those ones and if I were the owner I would definitely look for different service standards.

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Shame. Refusing access to people with kids is unacceptable. We walked in with an other family at 4:30 on a cold 1st of January, we was denied a table and even proposing us to be split in 2 tables. While we were discriminated, other groups (without kids) walked in freely and other tables left empty (see picture). Avoid it unless you think familiea should be discriminated

A eviter absolulement !!! ce resto discrimine sans aucune pudeur les familles avec des enfants , alors que des places sont libres ... une honte !!
Bonne année quand meme!

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

In the off season Etretat shuts down by 7pm. Yeah this place is open. Room was cozy and warm. My wife and split the split the Belle Epoques mussels and the Mountain Potatoes. Simple food done well. We were both happily surprised.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

I went there after a long hike and needed a good meal. I ordered one of the fish specialties. It was ok, but not exceptional or even there was nothing particular about it. The service there varies from one person to the other. Some are helpful and cordial, while others might need to work a bit on their smile. Their prices are not high though.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Attention! it is right at the corner in front of the casino, before entering the beach side (view of the cliffs). We enter there because, being in Normadie, the place in France where one is supposed to have the best "crêpes" my wife was tented for a crêpe, and sincerely it has been the worse crêpe I ever had.... Not recommended!