“French disaster”

Le Galion
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Etretat
Price range: US$25 - US$53
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Diggle, England, United Kingdom
“French disaster”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We arrived the restaurant was full but there were 4 tables outside a young couple at one and one was reserved the menu came fairly quick however the young lady plonked them down and vanished after 20 min I said we should leave because nobody came to take the order but the wife said the young lady was on her way I asked for the wine menu and some water another long wait a stopped a person who appeared he reluctant took our wine another long wait my snails arrived and a bottle of wine but no glasses 10 min later this person who if he was a waiter he was nothing like over 40 years of dining in France have we experienced he plonked down 2 glasses and before I could point out that I expected proper glasses not tasting glasses he had gone when he next appeared with our meals and lifted I could not believe it once again vanished I do not were the food had been stood but the sauce was congealed the veg was dry on top this is the first time I have ever had a bad meal what ever the reason after reading reviews to say we were disgusted when the bill arrived for the first time in 50 years of dining I voiced my disgust and the reply I am not the boss I reluctantly paid up and we left

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Fred H

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best dinner in Étretat”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The food is carefully and skillfully prepared. Our escargots were the best we've ever had. Yes, it's a classic dish, but to make it better is an accomplishment. Main courses were navarin de poisson and ris de veau. Both were delicately flavored and scrumptious. Moelleux chocolat was heavenly. Service was superb. This was the best of our three dinners in the wonderful town of Étretat.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank ThMoC
London, United Kingdom
“Best meal we had in Brittany”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

A really nice meal with a lovely sense of care about the food. We had the 25 euro set menu ( 2 courses) Fresh fish. Lovely service. Great ambience. Felt well looked after. Classic hospitality. Highly recommended.
No children's menu on paper (but we don't mind this - we like our girls to eat 'grown up' food - they offered to do fresh fish and mash or poached chicken breast and mash - however this did push the price up so be warned you'll be paying effectively for extra adults)

• Visited August 2013
orlando fl
“excellent”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

the 'little' menu was great. no one said anything about not ordering a more expensive menu. the food and service were excellent. you might have to reserve for the evening or perhaps eat on the terrace.

Visited August 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Lovely resto”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Delicious food, cosy interiors and good wine list. We went there around 9pm on a friday night and the service was very good. The chocolate mousse , if you like dark chocolate is a must.
It's a bit on the pricey side for Etretat , but definitely worth the money, especially if you go for one of their menu options.

Visited July 2013