“Greek grandmother-style cooking”
Review of Elinikon

Elinikon
Ranked #8 of 99 Restaurants in Oia
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Description: At Elinikon you can find greek and local cuisine along with local wine and raki. Located in a quite area with panoramic view and coloureful sunsets! You will find it opposite the traditional winmdill of Oia.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Generally in Oia you can have posh international style food, fast food or taverna Greek style. This was the latter and it is on a corner near an old windmill, close to one of the only parking/ drop off areas. We went on a windy evening and warmed up on the best tomato fritters we had in our two weeks. Plus delicious meatballs and other typical mezze dishes that tasted like there was a Γιαγιά in the kitchen and she knew what she was doing ! A lot of other customers seemed to be repeat diners. Probably the best value in Oia too.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We went twice to this small but very nice restaurant in Oia . Authentic Greek food with a gourmet touch. Mouthwatering dishes. The fava beans, colorful salad with spinach and shrimps are my favorite.
More than reasonable prices, nice atmosphere and friendly stuff. Amazing sunset view in Oia! Loved it and highly recommend!!!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We found this spot after walking past the crowds down a little alleyway
When we saw the menu we thought that it must be average food with small servings.

First of all the food was the best we've ever tasted in greece and we've not had one bad meal in 2 weeks
Service was excellent
Views of the sunset were spectacular
We ordered 5 maze dishes and one main
All were perfect
Presentation of the food was impeccable
We absolutely loved it
Rooftop area is a1 to take in that famous Santorini sunset(see added pic)

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Perhaps it was not the best day of my life. The service was not what I expected according to what I have read from other reviewers. It is my subjective point of view and probably they reach better standards of quality.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank gaberb879
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Can you imagine: That we went back to the same restaurant within two days and ordered the same food, only more of it? Elinikon is everything that I want from a Greek taverna. Quaint, romantic, rustic, unpretentious, excellent food and delicious local wine and oh ... the best, utterly the best tomato balls on the island. We sort of got hooked on this Santorini speciality, but if you want to have the best by far, then it is Elinikon's. Luckily I am a chef, I know what they do differently from all the other tomato fritters we tried. I am going to try it at home (but, alas, it won't be the same).
On our first night at Elinikon (with the lovely house wine, calamari, domato keftedes and the man I love) there was an electric black out - not even one electric light in the whole of Oia. Our hosts apologized, but there was no need, hey! there was nothing more romantic and honest than a delicious meal and a clear summer sky at Elinikon.
If you want to experience Santorini at it's best, it is Elinikon.
We will be back. Please do not change the recipe for the domato keftedes!

Date of visit: August 2017