“Great to have fantastic seafood and a perfect view”

Sunset Ammoudi Taverna
Ranked #19 of 95 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and a baby boy went there for lunch and ordered only fish soup (forgot the name of menu...but fish they used was Scorpion) and a bread, and this was more than enough for us to understand that this restaurant is serving a fantastic seafood.
Staffs were very kind and they have very high service mind set.
The view from the restaurant is perfect as well....

2  Thank DerekK923

Reviewed 29 April 2014

At first I was a bit skeptical about this place because I know that just because some restaurants are featured in tv shows (this was featured in giada de laurentis and oprah ate here as well) it doesn't exactly mean the food is that good. Sometimes it is just all hype. Let me tell you that this place deserves all the good reviews just for lobster spaghetti alone!!! I can't explain how fresh my gigantic lobster was and how good my pasta tasted with that light, creamy sauce with the taste of fresh oranges and herbs. Combined with the lobster the pasta was just perfect (and HUGE). The fried zucchini balls are another great dish (stuffed with feta cheese and mint). The grilled sea bream is another winner. Oh and of course and I should not forget to mention this restaurant is right by the bay with a perfect sunset view:)

1  Thank gaby m
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went to Sunset for 3 meals (2 lunch and 1 dinner) during 4 nights stay in Santorini. With this statement, I think it's already tell you the reason why we keep going to the same place during our stay in Santorini....

They offer you a very fresh seafood with a very good taste. I really recommend Mussel in red wine sauces and also Lobster Spaghetti.

The service is very friendly and very relax...

It meets our requirement and we really like it... even better than some 3 Michelin star in Paris.... If you are in Santorini, DON'T MISS a chance to visit this place!! You may also book a table at Sunset to watch the sunset in Santorini as well.

Cheers!!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The location was fabulous and the choice of fresh fish amazing! The restaurant was recommended by our hotel (Esparas) and we had no regrets. Very reasonably priced, don't eat and drink too much if you plan to walk the 350ft / 288 steps back up to Oia - it's a killer but keeps you fit. Well worth the visit......

2  Thank Mathew S
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The place manager went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and explained everything about the menu choices. We ordered grilled octopus, a salad and a scorpio fish soup, which were all tasty. The only (serious) downfall is that the food at this place, for what it is, is largely overpriced. Looks like it includes the price of the sunset in it, too.

1  Thank CinnamonRaisinBagel