“Great food, beautiful view, friendly owner”

Roka Kafeneio Ouzeri
Ranked #12 of 94 Restaurants in Oia
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I ate lunch here when we were in Santorini last month. The restaurant was recommended by the manager of our Fira hotel. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. We sat on a quiet shaded terrace that overlooked the north side of Santorini (the side away from the caldera), but it was still a beautiful view looking out over the fields and the sea. Finding the restaurant was a bit of a challenge -- it's located at the end of a 100-foot path running north from a secondary walking street that runs east-west through the middle of Oia; get good directions before starting out for the restaurant. On the other hand, walking through the back streets of Oia was an interesting (and completely safe) experience -- very different from walking along the tourist-oriented shopping paths. The restaurant is relatively small and the owner/manager is on premises; she was very friendly and we enjoyed chatting with her after we finished dining. Although the restaurant was only half-full the day we went (late April), she said it gets very crowded during the main tourist season.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

A really very good restaurant with very good Greek food & beautiful views. A quiet place a bit away from the hustle & bustle of the main street of Oia.

1  Thank geniemtl
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My partner and I were given directions from a local shop owner to this off the beaten path restaurant - it was dark (dinner time) and we had to walk sideways past a donkey on the sidewalk to find it! All part of the experience and we absolutely loved it. We were warmly welcomed and had a wonderful traditional meal - everything tasted like it was from a family recipe and portions were very decent. The chocolate souffle dessert we had was incredible and we still talk about it! It was reasonably priced and couldn't recommend it more.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by the owner of the cave houses we stayed at and mmm was it ever good. My husband and I order a Greek salad to share as well as two veal meals in tomato sauce with fries. Our meals were just fantastic and the portions were huge, I couldn't finish my portion but my husband did. Definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Oia.

1  Thank Marta T
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Great tasting food. Accommodated gluten free very well. Authentic Santorini and Greek choices.

Enjoyed the fava been specialty, eggplant, etc.