“An excellent meal”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“An excellent meal”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We managed to stumble across this place after viewing sunset in Oia and were lucky to get a table for 2. We enjoyed the calamari (so delicious & fresh!), risotto, Roka salad and a half lite of house wine which all up came to about 35E. This was probably the nicest meal we had in Greece. We were lucky with a table, but I think you'd be best to reserve especially if you're after the views. We noticed that quite a few others when leaving made teaser actions for another night - which I think sums it up!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Hollie313

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“one of the best meals we had in Greece”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Terrific service and even better food. Highly recommended. Get off the main street and seek out this hidden gem!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank vagabloke
Ottawa, Canada
“Hard to find, but well worth it!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We wanted to go to Roka, so we took down directions. The place is hard to find but it is well indicated along the way. When we got to the door, we turned around, the place seemed empty and not very inviting. After walking Round, we decided to go back. Greatest decision of that night, the food was excellent, service was great and before we knew it, the owner had to turn people away since it was full (patio, terrace and inside). Great place with great greek food!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Pierre C
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Dinner Off Main Path”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We chose this taverna over some fine dining places and weren't disappointed. Sat out in the patio and ate some nice Greek dishes at very reasonable prices. Service was friendly and efficient and would recommend going here to anyone visiting this beautiful island.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank John F
New York City, New York
“Hard to find but worth it”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had downloaded the map to my iPhone and when I found myself at the bus station, I decided to pull out my map and locate Roka. It was hard to find, but there were signs along the way to guide you. Totally worth it.

The mix sea food in the local sweet dessert wine "vinsanto" was AMAZING and I would highly recommend it. The mushroom risotto was also quite good. The spicy feta cheese dip was my favorite in Greece, and I tried it at at least 3 different places.

We got there at 7pm for dinner, and since we didn't have reservations, we couldn't sit outside even though there weren't very many people there. As we were leaving around 8:30-9pm it was started to fill up. The view is nice, not amazing like some of the other places, but since it was off the main path, it was decently priced and the food was totally worth it. The servers were both very nice. If you want to find this place, I recommend downloading the map from their website and looking carefully at all of the signs since it is on a quiet street.

• Visited July 2014