“Nice atmosphere, bad food ”
Review of Petros Restaurant

Petros Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 96 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We were atracted by the very nice and pleasant atmosphere and affordable prices. Lower terrace is even better (for the view) than the upper one after the sun goes down. We got the view and ordered but the grilled camari (squid) was not eatable at all. All rubbery and too dry (and too large to be tasteful) - we were forced replace it for pasta. Pastas were average but it could be much better. Avoid local (house) white vine. I'm sure the cook had better days than this one but we were disappointed especially because everything else should make this place a perfect Oia restaurant.

1  Thank Marin K
There are newer reviews for Petros Restaurant

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We just ate at the restaurant on friday 30/05/14. We ate on the terrace top and enjoyed the great views of the island and the surrounding sea. It was sunset and the terrace gives a great spot to view this.
I ate the stuffed squid with tomato, feta inside. Beautiful. Highly recommend it.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I drove up earlier in the day to make a reservation for 2 later in the evening to catch the sunset. Maybe things were lost in translation but I was turned away when I returned. I hung around for a while and asked another waiter who recognised me. They seated me promptly and everything went smoothly after that. I have to say you do get a clear view of the sunset on the 2nd floor. The food portions were generous, the appetisers are especially good. I would recommend this place for the view and the food.

2  Thank Liong Koon A
Reviewed 26 January 2014

"Petros" is located at the main street of Oia's center, providing an exceptional sea view from the second floor's terrace. The food is amazing! Honestly - I had the best seafood pasta in my entire life at this place. The best part of it - HUGE portions! Good service, romantic atmosphere... everything was top notch!
If you are fan of the luxury, maybe this is not the best place for you, but If you prefer an authentic flavored genuine experience - go for the one in "Petros". I was there 2 years ago (2012) and I still remember how good it was! I roughly recall the price list from back then,but I think my pasta cost around 12-13 euro, which is definitely favorable for such a big and delicious meal!

2  Thank Daniushata
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We walk up to the restaurant from the main center of Oia, one of the most beautiful village of Santorini. Transparent Greek food with a mature taste and one fact that makes me a regular customer is that their recipes that they keep secret in the family! I would suggest to try out their surprising Appetizers, many of them as you can taste different things! - An excellent choice not only for a family's night out but for any individual who wants to enjoy mouth! One of their strong point is the views from both sides of the restaurant. The staff is efficient and the location- first class as the view is breathtaking! Pavlos, a friend that I miss a lot will make you feel like kings and Queens! Christine-Chica