Reasons to stay at Casa Sofia:
- Decent, spacious accommodation (functional not funky)
- Location (situated just below the famous blue dome church)
- Views (overlooks the caldera, great for sunset)
- Great pre-stay communication and met on arrival as promised
Potential reasons not to stay:
- Location (due to close proximity to blue dome church, there is a constant stream of tourists rambling up the steps nearby, cameras clicking and the general hubbub of noise and chatter)
- Location (Oia is built on the side of a volcano caldera - you'll get strong calves and thighs simply by nipping out to the shops that's for sure! Steps are uneven and steep in places.)
All in all, the accommodation is fine and well equipped, but I wouldn't choose to stay in Oia again. Great for a trip, but the lure of the blue domed church brings so many tourists - and like I say brides and grooms - that from 10am til sunset you feel like you've gatecrashed a bridal photoshoot. Bizarre and irritating. Didn't feel like I could relax, I just wanted them to all go away! The noise carres down from the top of the cliff where there is a good vantage point for photographers
Other things to note:
- To get to the bathroom you need to leave the flat and access via the terrace. Not a problem for us, but if you would feel uneasy about doing that at night, it's worth knowing.
- There are no doors inside the flat. There is a curtain covering the bedroom, but that is all, so if you want privacy from the two guest beds in the living area, you won't get it.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Sofia Hotel Oia
- Casa Sofia Santorini/Oia