“Delicate tastes”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Athens
“Delicate tastes”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

During my staying in Fanari villas in Oia, i enjoyed the famous sunset in the fanari restaurant. I ordered oysters which was excellent in taste and style. Congrats to the staff of the restaurant.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Christos G

• Greek first
Athens
“"Once in a lifetime experience"”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

It was an once in a lifetime experience combining great food, services and one of the best views at Oia's sunset. Elegant Mediterranean tastes and great hospitality.

2 Thank teonikolako
Glyfada, Greece
“A culinary experience like no other”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A couple of friends and I stayed in Fanari Villas Hotel for 3 days . So , it was of course essential for us to also visit *that* famous restaurant that everybody was talking about . We later realised that it's famous for not just one , but for a number of reasons .

The service was excellent and extremely friendly . Really nice people . The atmosphere was incredibly peaceful and calm. The only thing you could hear was a symphony of silverware gently touching the plates (I'm not even joking right now) and soothing Ambient orchestral music .

And that view . That breathtaking view . And that sunset . God .

Anyways , let's get to the best part - The Food !!! From the starters , we especially liked the soft beef carpaccio that had an exquisite sugary hint . From the main cources , the salmon - (it was a chef's suggestion ) - was perfectly cooked and each bite was a delicious blend of spices and aromas + a delicate hint of sea salt . And for the dessert , I'm actually quite fond of fruit so I decided to go for the "exotic pineapple" that had a subtle sambuca aftertaste . Sweet , cool and fresh , an ideal last course of a meal .

All in all , an incredible experince , will definitely visit again when in Oia .

• Visited July 2014
6 Thank Athanasios N
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Choose your meal wisely!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this to see the sunset, great table but Mother Nature didn't give us a great show, a little overcast.

Service was good, attentive and timely. We all ordered different main courses, my starter was very disappointing, the mussels were small and clinging to their shells, no plumpness about them, didn't seem fresh. My husbands salmon and parmesan crisps were simple and tasty. I had the salmon as main meal, gorgeous sauce, but very bland accompaniments. The pudding wasn't worth the effort, didn't expect chocolate blancmange.

Our friends starters and mains looked better, octopus, lamb, steak. Too late to change my opinion on my own experience. Choose wisely!!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Annieb1900
Weehawken, New Jersey
“Perfect meal in a perfect setting”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have been pleasantly surprised with Fanari restaurant. After finding that the few recommendations that we had were all reserved for the sunset, we could find a table at Fanari. If you don't like walking stairs, it is probably not for you and you won't reach it as you must walk down steep stairs but you'll miss a perfect spot just under the famous wind mill for fabulous pictures and sunset views. Regarding the food, we had our best Greek salad there and we highly recommend the grilled vegetables with melted cheese (manouri I think). We followed by the fish of the day, a see bass cooked to perfection and very fresh served with some grilled peppers very tasty. The house white wine was good for 7€ the glass. We paid 99€ for two appetizers, two entrees and two glasses of wine. A bit pricey but worth every penny. The staff was very nice and accommodated our request to leave before 9 pm to catch our bus back to our hotel in Kamari.

• Visited July 2014