“Amazing view.”
Review of Angel Cave Houses

Angel Cave Houses
Ranked #28 of 73 Speciality Lodging in Oia
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The Angel caves are in an excellent location action a the start of the pedestrian walkway by the church in Oia. Our room was the junior suite with a private terrace and jacuzzi. The room were cosy and nicely decorated in a local style. The breakfast was served to you on the terrace or in your room. There was help with luggage and Soula advised on where to go and helped with laundry and internet access. Very nice place, amazing views, our jacuzzi was awesome to sit and relax and unwind looking out across the caldera. A few little things that could be better. Breakfast was variable some days amazingly diverse with bread cheese fruit yoghurt and cake another just a roll and an omelette. We needed to leave at 7:30am on the last morning to get to the airport and were not offered an early breakfast even though we had spent 700Euro to stay there. No flexibility. Also a few more shelves to put things on in the bedroom and bathroom would help.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank JontiDenHaag

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We booked this hotel for an overnight stay in Oia. The suite was great and very spacious. We had a balcony with a hot tub with amazing views over the caldera. Oia is such a picture postcard village, the crowds for the sunset are crazy so it was nice to have your own little private apartment to retreat to. Breakfast was served on our balcony and made to order. We also had a lovely homemade red wine on our arrival.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zecnog
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My boyfriend and I spent 10 amazing days at the Angel Cave houses in October 2013. It is family owned and operated, breakfast is served homemade to you every morning on your balcony. Our cave house was amazing!!! We overlooked the caldera. The staff made us feel at home and very welcome. When we go back we will only stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank jenifer7511
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Kind hosts, great breakfasts on the balcony, and very pretty, clean, and comfortable apartment. Perfect, quiet location which is nice when the masses arrive and boy do they come in droves. This place is such a find for the price as there are certainly many more expensive hotels around and I'm not sure how much more you would get for 4 x the nightly rate. Perhaps a pool which would be nice but we couldn't justify paying that much more! We are very happy we stayed here and would absolutely recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cegmsg
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have just spent an amazing 7 nights in Santorini staying at Angel Cave Houses. The view is simply superb and the location would have to be one of the best in Oia. The room was spacious, serviced daily with all mod cons. Soula was very welcoming and made a lovely breakfast each morning.
The property is located right in the centre with a short stroll to cafés, shops, market etc. Our villa had a fully equipped kitchen, dining table etc.
The stay will be remembered for ever. Thank you-see you again one day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kat P
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have arrived late afternoon and Athanasia ( the owner ) welcomed me in the entrance of the apartment.
Athanasia has walked me in my room and she gave me tips of what to do in Santorini.
She has asked me what would I like for breakfast.
She has brought me the breakfast in my veranda were I had a wonderful view.
The room was very traditional with complementary home made win fruits and water.
Of course I will be back as the island of Santorini is beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michalakis-cy
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The room is standard but the staff is rude and not friendly. She never smile or talk to us nicely.

She blamed my friend that he open the cover of jacuzzi in the wrong side
and tell that it cost 150 euro instead of telling him how to open or helping him to do it.
We were watched by her all time we were in the PRIVATE jacuzzi !!

Also they did some maintenance and smell of painting everywhere in my room, I haven't receive any apologise from staff.
I'm not going back!!