“Amazing Food and Ambience!”

Candouni Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 96 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Let me just start by saying that the staff was so friendly here. We felt right at home and our waitress was so warm and gave us great recommendations. We did not find that at other restaurants we ate at on the island. The ambience is wonderful, loved the candle wax dripping on the walls. Oia is an extremely tourist trappy place where everything is too expensive, but at Kandouini you are tucked away and get great traditional food at a fair price. I definitely preferred this place over 1800, which is supposed to be one of the best restaurants in the world. Psh, I'll take Kandouni over that anytime.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

What I enjoyed most about this restaurant was the cozy courtyard setting and the friendly and engaging service. The food was also very good. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Excellent service, very nice dishes and good wine..What else can you ask for? One of my favorite restaurants in Oia. Pricey but worth every cent:-)

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this place by a local, it's off the beaten path on the Caldera near Main Square church. Refreshingly not like the countless other exorbitantly priced tourist trap restaurants on the Caldera serving mediocre fare, this is a lovely family run place serving excellent quality food.
We had the eggplant tian (€11), grilled shrimp with veg and garlic (€14) and Greek style oven potatoes (€ 5). All three dishes were delicious, the shrimps were the best I've had in Greece so far, huge, fresh and tender.
Service was warm friendly and prompt. Inspite of we coming in late for dinner we weren't rushed to finish and stayed well past their closing time, as we were assured and made comfortable to enjoy our meal at leisure.
From all our dining experiences in Greece, we had the best time at 2 places- this restaurant and at Katerina's in Mykonos.
Kandouni is highly recommended and is a must visit when in the Caldera Oia

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I highly recommend this place. It is a family owned business with family recipes used. The baklava was the most delicious baklava I have ever eaten, with hand crushed nuts between the layers.