“Bliss”
other travellers have booked this property
serenity Apart 2 view from the window
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
serenity
Apart 2 view from the window
Small Studio sleep above the sea
Apart 2 king_size_bed
Apart 2 king_bed
the humidity shapes the colour on the walls
apart_2_dining
Apart 2 dining.JPG
Large apartment
Apart 2 veranda
Apart 2 kitchen_window
Apart no 2 entrance to the kitchen
Apart 2 veranda view
Large Studio 1 window
Large Studio double and single bed
Small studio_bed_view
Large Studio 1 sofa_bed
Studio terrace
Large Studio  windows
Large Studio 1 bathroom
Small studio entrance to bedroom
Small Studio entrance
Small Studio bathroom with shower
the beach with caldera view downstairs
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

San Francisco
“Bliss”
Reviewed 14 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Stayed at Oia Waves in Apt 2 with daughter and her boyfriend and it was heavenly. The location could not be better-picture a postcard from Santorini and that is where you will find yourself. The terrace was my favorite spot to gaze at the sea below and the town above. The stairs are not for the unfit so get those quads ready! The apt had an adequate kitchen with cooktop, toaster oven, refrigerator and dishwasher and a lovely window and view. The bedroom is gorgeous and well suited for couples. Anastasia is a dream to work with-full of helpful hints and recommendations including restaurants Roka in Oia and Psalaki if you go to Vlyhada (near red sand beach). If you are going to Oia stay here!!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Reviewed 12 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Tasha T
Seattle, Washington
“best place in Santorini, and possibly, on earth”
Reviewed 9 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

Trust all these wonderful reviews, all of them are absolutely true.
Fantastic place, amazing view, and the best people - owners.
We dream about going back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: view, location, private beach, everything!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Riesenblu...
New York City, New York
“Amazingly picturesque!”
Reviewed 6 August 2012 for a stay in August 2011
people found this review helpful

Oia Waves is a serene, picturesque place to stay with an amazing view of the caldera. Yes there are a fair amount of steps to get there (don't worry Niko will help you with the bags!) but that is why the view is so gorgeous and the surroundings are peaceful. The villa is right in the center of the most photographed part of Santorini. We loved getting the exercise to work off all the great Greek food and wine. This is truly a unique villa experience! The accommodations are basic but comfortable, we didn't have any major complaints and we were out and about most of the day anyway. I still sometimes imagine myself sitting on that terrace watching the ships go by, glass of wine in hand :).

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and view!
Liked least: The lack of luxury amenities.
Travelling group: Friends
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here for a week in June, after touring France and Italy, and it was a perfect ending to our trip abroad. The property was clean, well-maintained and the view - AH! mazing!!! And ultimately, after visiting other parts of the island, I deducted that we had the best spot in Santorini. And yes, while the descend and ascend can be grueling, just take your time, stopping along the way to enjoy the view and you'll hardly notice your climbing all those steps! Staying at Oia Waves was an experience I will carry with me forever! Thank you Anastasia and Nikos for welcoming us into your home and making our dream of staying on the "edge of the world" a reality!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: The view
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
naynay9
Gold Coast, Australia
“Excellent location & value for money for the area - a wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 16 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

My fiance & I stayed in the studio apartment for 1 week in June (2012).

Walking to the apartment was like walking through a postcard.

Oia is where all of the famous photos of Santorini are taken, so surrounding the apartment are the white rendered 'cave' houses, blue and white domed churches, and even a couple of windmills. So, the location is excellent! There are a multitude of cafes / restaurants to choose from, where the main pedestrian strip of Oia is up at the top of the stairs. The only downside is that it becomes very busy with tourists up the top, but it is only really bad in the middle of the day, and Sunday seemed the worst. If you're after photos, get up early and you'll practically have the entire village to yourself.

The apartment itself is located mid-way down the cliff (Oia is perched on a cliff), at the bottom of where the houses sit. Therefore, there are a lot of stairs. Down is not a problem, although I wouldn't recommend it at night after drinking! Going up, however is a bit of a struggle. I scoffed at the other reviews, with the knowledge that my fiance and I are young and fit, however we struggled! If you take it slow, however, you won't have any problems, unless you are very overweight / disabled or elderly and unfit. If you sit in those categories, contact the property manager first to gain their honest opinion. A benefit of being down the bottom, however, is that there is no foot traffic passing, so you are granted a very private slice of heaven.

The studio apartment itself was suitable for us. The view from the bed literally overlooks the spectacular ocean and islands. You could not get much better views if you tried. A small path leads down to a private beach, from which you can swim to the Isle of Saint Nicolas - a little island with a little chapel on it. The private veranda is great to relax in, and drink in the amazing views.

Please be aware of the cats! There are many in Santorini, and also many around where the apartment is. I used to be a cat lover, however now I am not so sure. They will approach you if you have food on the veranda, and if you make the mistake that I did - feeding them - many more will appear out of nowhere, and they will continue to come back, even if you try scaring you away. Some, I think, may be feral, and are after food, not affection. My fiance made the mistake of patting one and was scratched. Also, don't leave any garbage bags outside - we made that mistake as we intended on walking it up in the morning, but were woken by cats clawing through it, and making a horrible mess everywhere. Don't feel sorry for them and feed them or you'll never escape them!

The only negatives I would say is that the bed was quite hard (I'm Australian and used to very soft beds!), so I was left with a sore back. This has been a problem throughout Europe, however. Also, there is an extra charge for cleaning, unless you do it yourself to a standard where it is immediately rentable. I think cleaning should always be done by the managers to maintain a certain standard, and it was the last thing we wanted to think about at 4am in the morning before leaving for our flight, as we wanted to save the extra money. However, I knew this charge was applicable upon signing.

Overall, we had an amazing stay and will be returning. If you can afford it, go with one of the bigger apartments as they are much more spacious and have kitchens, nicer lounge chairs on their veranda and bigger umbrellas on their veranda.

If you're on a budget, the studio is the best place to stay in Oia, with regards to location and views - trust me I did heaps of research!

Anastasia and Nikos are wonderful, warm people, and will go out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful stay. Highly recommended!

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Bedding
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
16 Jun 2012
We bought the matress of the Studio before 10 months and it was a special order in the greek factory to make it soft, as I also like the soft matresses. It is actually the softest matress that we have in the villa, our guests are telling us -and write in their reviews- that is very comfortable and I was planning to change the other matresses and buy for the other units matresses like this one. But after this review ....I became confused. How can we please all the guests as long as some like the matress soft and some others harder? I was wondering how can I make Renee -or guests like her - happier....(she and her fiancee were excellent guests, they left the Studio in an excellent condition)...and while I was writing her that unfortunately I will not be able to please her in bedding ...she gave me the idea! She wrote me "in Australia, there is an extra layer of cushioning on mattresses, so they are like lying on pillows, so I suppose we are quite spoilt over here." So yes! we want to spoilt our guests, this is a solution and I have already order an extra layer from latex, so when the next guests asked us a matress more soft, we will be able to please them! Isn't it a briliant idea? Thank you Renee and I am glad that you wrote me "I can understand now your intention with the cleaning fee, in order to deter people from leaving a horrible mess" I wish all our guests to take such a good care to our house as you did.
USA
Reviewed 28 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing