“Worth the price! (and the steps)”
Review of Taverna Katina

Taverna Katina
Ranked #16 of 94 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in Ammoudi Port in Oia on island of Santorini
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I was recommended to go eat at Katina by the local! I'm really impressed by the staff and Katina herself. Katina is very famous in santorini! she has been with the fish long enough to know every little details on how to serve them best!
I'm really impressed with her hospitality and the staff (I think they are their family!)
if you plan to see the sunset at oia you can see it from Katina so well as well!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were recommended this by a couple of people so braved the 200+ steps down to Ammoudi Bay which had a lovely view and was very pretty with little boats, away from the hustle and bustle of Oia.
The staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient. We were rapidly shown the fresh fish counter and as everything is sold by weight you never quite know how much it will cost. They were encouraging us to always opt for the larger fish but when they quoted the price we plonked for a 43 Euro one which was quite small for 2 people, they had mentioned it wouln't be sufficient but we didn't want to pay 70+ Euros for a laid back taverna. That said it was beautifully cooked and was served with a basket of chips.
We ordered a baklava and ice cream as dessert as we were still hungry, they kindly didn't charge for this.
A lovely meal in a beautiful setting but very pricey. We walked back up the steps to Oia but be warned if you need a taxi that'll be another sting in your pocket as they are not cheap.

1  Thank BerkshireWomble
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Katina is the best best fish tavern on the island. The fish is always fresh and the service excellent!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

After watching the sunset, my husband and I decided to walk the 290 something steps to Katina. While it was quite dark and desolate in early October there was lights on the side. We finally reached down and since the tide was high sat a few feet away from the edge. Good decision as the water would have wet us and our food completely. In fact more than once the water came under our table-which I thoroughly enjoyed!We ordered Fried cheese(6 euros)- I found it too salty, octopus-which was around 14euros and Fried tomato balls(this was the tastiest at 7euros). they offered ouzo on the house to my husband and I loved meeting Katina! Also they charge for water, so if u haven't had it, please point it out. After all that food, we climbed up!:)

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We dined here on the recommendation of several others. We ordered the "house special" of lobster spaghetti to share between two. It was very expensive, but quite nice. Staff were not overly attentive or friendly, maybe even a little arrogant. Supposedly the best place to see the sunset, but personally we saw better in Imerovigli. It was goof, but not great.