“Freshest of the fresh with a view ”
Review of Taverna Katina

Taverna Katina
Ranked #25 of 99 Restaurants in Oia
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in Ammoudi Port in Oia on island of Santorini
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I hiked the Fira -Oia trail and walked down to Amoudi Bay to eat at Katina. We were given a spot right on the water and it was a perfect spot to relax and watch the sunset. We were starving so ordered the grilled octopus, Greek salad, grilled prawns, and then went to pick out our fish for dinner. My husband and I shared a beautiful sea bass. It was a great dinner. The entire staff was very attentive and friendly. They even offered us a blanket to share if we wanted to continue to sit outside (got chilly after dawn in October) or could go inside. If we stayed in santorini longer I would have definitely stop again!

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,391)

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Typical waterfront taverna where we have been nicely welcomed. Fresh grilled fish that you choose was indeed very nice. However accompagnying rice was not good at all. They did however offer free icecream and sweet wine (we had not complained).

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

The scenary is great, with a table at the ocean edge you get a really nice panorama.

Unfortunately that's basically as good as it gets... It's a grueling way down if you go walking (my wife and I walked from Imerovigli) and the food is nice, not exceptional...just "nice". It's considerably overpriced, but you get the sensation of "well, I'm already here and I've walked a lot... So let's order".

We had no problems with the service at all -I've read some reviews about bad service, but we were fortunate enough to not have any issues.

Great scenary but very hard to get there and "nice" food... I leave it up to you.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

We had dinner after sunset and was very impressed with the place. The service and food was excellent very attentive and concise. Waiter showed us the fresh fish and we chose which fish we wanted and it was cooked perfectly.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant and perfect seafood, little bit to slow, but okay. We come back again perfect shrimps :)