“Wonderful”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stumbled upon this cozy little restaurant with the most magnificent views! The food was gorgeous, a tad pricey but what do you expect with such amazing views! I would definitely recommend this to anyone going to eat in Oia!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I happened upon Kastro as I was walking around town one day. I had a late lunch and was not disappointed. Of particular note, I must say that I was given a great table, for four, when I was solo. This isn't always the case, so it was appreciated. I had space to place my camera and other items. The views were great and the food and wine were good. There is dependable wifi. As I ate, the waitstaff started placing reserved markers on tables for the upcoming sunset. The staff were attentive and answered questions from arriving guests, explaining how to get a table for the upcoming sunset. All in all, I would recommend a visit here, especially for the views.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We ate here not realising it was 'the' place to go and watch the sunset which was just as well as we arrived after sunset!!

The food is ok, the starters were better than the mains - I ordered Chicken Souvlaki which was a very tiny skewer of chicken for 18 euros!

Probably won't go back but if it has a great sunset then you might enjoy it more than we did.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We'd headed to oia for sunset with an idea of where to eat, but we'd ended up walking down to the end of town as in reality that's where the sun sets. We'd forgotten about Kastro which we'd noted on our way down to Ammoudi bay a few days before. It looks lovely with the pink bourgonvilla growing all over it. It was full as lots of people waiting, but I asked when they'd have a free table and it was suggested we left our name and came back in 30 mins. Just time for a nice drink up by the windmill (spritz bar) and then we headed back and had a table right on the front, prime location for the sunset! The food is very good, it's pretty staple fare but they've tried to jazz it up a bit, just avoid the deep fried stuffed olives unless you like very stodgy batter! But to be honest, this place is all about the sunset view, so the meal was almost secondary.

1  Thank Geoff C
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were lucky enough to get a table with unobstructed views and yes the view is amazing. When someone tried to block our view, the waiters would ask them to leave. It was nice to have a comfortable place while waiting for the sunset because otherwise, you would be hanging around with the masses trying to find a spot.
Surprisingly, the food was pretty decent, albeit a bit pricey, but like everyone says you really go to this restaurant for the views and not the food. I ordered the meatballs and it was tasty. my husband had the steak and he thought it was delicious. We ordered the house wine and that was good too.

1  Thank yogagirl