Oia Suites
US$1,022
US$926
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Oia's Sunset Apartments(Oia)(Great Value!)
US$224
VIP Suites(Oia)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$523
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubevery morninghiking pathour honeymoonbig balconystunning santoriniswimming poolrooms are fantasticprivate jacuzzidestination weddingshort walkspecial shoutdeluxe suitecave hotelhotel is locatedhotel is excellentspent nights
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed in Oia Suites for the past five nights for our Honeymoon and found the quality of suites, service, cleanliness and food to be all of exceptional standards.

On arrival we were provided a free bottle of Champagne with compliments of the hotel for staying during our honeymoon, which was a lovely touch!

The track to the main town maybe a little rough at places and maybe a little difficult during the heat of summer or coming back late at night. I would recommend taking some water with you if you're heading into town and maybe a torch on those nights when you're coming home late (uneven ground).

Although the honeymoon suite maybe bigger, the two suites situated underneath are more private due to deeper balconies. All three overlook the pool area and bay. Yes, there maybe a person or two walking past the front of the hotel, to go to Oia, but it is very rare and nothing like the privacy issues you'd suffer if you stayed in Oia town itself. We found no problems with privacy during our stay and loved hanging out on our balcony reading and swimming in our jacuzzi.

We found the stay exceptional and loved the personal attention the staff gave to us during our stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at Oia Suites for a week in August. On first arrival, despite a warm welcome, there is a very basic feel to the place. But as you walk towards your room you are met with one of the most amazing views you will ever see. Coupled with the authentic Santorini white stone walls it is a truly stunning place.

Don't expect a resort style experience, there is no bar and no restaurant, just sit back and enjoy the beautiful scenery in the most peaceful hotel I've stayed in. With only 7 rooms you rarely notice any other guests and often have the pool to yourself.

Each morning you are woken with a breakfast of your choosing on your balcony. You'll be disappointed if you love a full english, but if you love fresh greek yoghurt and home made ice coffee then you're in luck!

You are a short walk from Oia, but far enough away that there aren't crowds of tourists walking past and peeping into you hotel. This seemed to be the case in the centre of Oia, we were guilty of it ourselves!

Oia Suites really did feel like a once in a lifetime experience, but given the chance we would go back again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: We got a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the pool. I would recommend this as I'm not sure the other rooms had as good a view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This small property (less than 10 rooms and suites, if I remember correctly) is situated on the main (small road) about a 15 minute walk outside of the town of Oia (pronounced ee-ya). It's a more remote location than properties in town, and has a very low-key nature, making my stay feel more like time spent in my Greek Island summer country home (I wish I had something of the sort!). It's not a typical hotel with a grand lobby, or hallways to rooms, and fancy elevators (in fact, there are no elevators) The rooms are accessed via outdoor stairs, and gates, and tastefully appointed patios all modeled off the traditional and simplistic architecture of the Aegean Sea island communities. A modest sized swimming pool with a full view of the magnificent caldera is located on one of the main larger terraces on the side of the mountain in which this hotel is located on. I noticed that many of the rooms had their own private Jacuzzi on the room's private terrace. This terrace was the epicenter of the joy of my stay. It was where my friends and I enjoyed a great laugh and some bubbly in the jacuzzi during nights, and it was where a lovely breakfast was brought to us each day by the hotel staff - coming exactly when we asked for it, and exactly as ordered. More importantly, the private patio was the source of all happiness and satisfaction for me in Santorini because it facilitated one of the island's best view, and it was at my disposal at any time, whether it was when I wake up in the morning, or just while drinking a cup of coffee. Words can't describe the incredible and unique natural beauty of the water and the land on this Island.

The room was lovely as well. Designed in the Greek minimalist style with smooth curves and stone motifs. The rooms windows, which peer out to the patio and to the jacuzzi, and of course to the unobstructed view of the caldera, were guarded with very lovely wooden shutters which could easily be opened and closed to block out light completely. A large sitting area with a dining table followed by two stairs to the large sleeping area, and finally a very modern bathroom. The bathroom reminded me of a combination of a Turkish bath and a cave (a very clean and non-creepy cave) Two amazing shower heads and wands, a huge mirror , and lots of space! Be careful as it steams up quite well in the cooler months and can get slippery!

They keep it very clean and area constantly replacing pool towels and shower towels, and making the beds daily. If there is anything you need or are unhappy with, don't be shy: Margerita who helps to manage the property, as well as the owners of the place seem to be ready to do anything to make your stay a better one. Whether that means you need more coffee at breakfast, more cups in the room, milk in the fridge, etc. Here, you will receive Greek hospitality at its finest. No large hotel can offer the personal connections one can find at a place like Oia Suites and with a worker like Margerita. On my last day, I was waiting for the taxi, and she showed me how to make traditional Greek coffee, and shared a lovely conversation with me. The prices are reasonable, and it's a place filled with good energy. I will definitely be back one day!

Room Tip: April is a very nice time to come as it still isn't super hot and the tourist season is just starting. Oia Suite's is just outside of Oia, so either way, you don't have to see so many tourists near the hotel. Try to get a room with a Jacuzzi., but if that's not possible, it is fine because every room has a great view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank DavidKordova
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed at Oia suited for 7 days. Maria was the most wonderful host, she organised the taxi to pick us up, organised all our transport whilst there and was just the bubbles most wonderful lady ever. They even turned our living area into an extra bedroom for a friend who joined us after. The views are beautiful, it's quiet and peaceful. The fridge is stocked up when you arrive and they regularly refill it at no charge. The man who works there as well also came and gave us a bottle of wine because he wanted all of us to taste the local wine. Also note directly across the road is a quaint restaurant with honestly the most flavoursome food coupled with lively music and wonderful staff who sat and drank and smoked with me when I used to go over there for breakfast. They'll even deliver it to your room, if you're nice.about 500 metres down the road are the beautiful sites of Santorini I would recommend getting a car as things can be a bit far away,just be careful around the 1 way winding roads! All in all I absolutely loved Oia Suites the service was impeccable the weather was delightfully scorching and the food and friendliness combined to make it a most relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Bec D
Reviewed 24 October 2013

we stayed at the hotel for 2 nights as the last stop for our honeymoon. Arrived early in the morning from Athens and wasn't able to check in as there are still guests in the room who have yet to check out. Margaritta was very helpful in providing information on various locations we can visit and the type of transport they provided. Room was amazing with a private jacuzzi out in the balcony. Breakfast is brought to you in the morning so you can eat it at the balcony while enjoying the view. Hotel is not in the centre of Oia, it is about a 10min walk. But then you don't have tourist walking on top of you taking photos of your hotel all the time which i guess makes up for the difference.

will def stay again!