“The paradise in Santorini”
Review of Canaves Oia Hotel

Canaves Oia Hotel
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 9 June 2012

From the first moment you enter the hotel you immediately know that your stay will be amazing and i was not wrong! These people are real professionals! They paid attention to every last details! Of course from what i saw all Suites have their own private views to the Caldera and the volcano! They offer both buffet and room service! I would definitely suggest the room service as they bring it by your room and you get to enjoy a delicious meal by your balcony! I definetely consider this hotel the best i have ever stayed at! I will be back soon!

Room Tip: Get a room with a Jacuzzi hot tub! Views are private
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank George K
There are newer reviews for Canaves Oia Hotel

Reviewed 8 June 2012

You cannot make a mistake by choosing this place! From check in to check out everything is perfect! The location of Canaves Oia Hotel is ideal as you can have a panoramic view to the caldera and the volcano. Everyone is amazing.Delicious breakfast at your own private balcony! Enoying the view at your own hot plundge pool day and night.(what more can you ask?)
Nothing is too much trouble for these guys! Everyone was so friendly and helpful! Aleways with the best recommendations!
Loved it! I totally recommend Canaves to anybody thinking of Santorini vacations.

Room Tip: Ask for a Superior Suite, they have amazing huge brand new bathrooms
1  Thank chin c
Reviewed 8 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at the beautiful Canaves Oia hotel! It was a five star experience all the way! The views, the rooms, the food, the service!

Thank you Canaves staff for the most amazing vacation ever!

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suites have river like hottubs/plundge pools.... Amazing
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cho M
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We had a difficult time deciding on a hotel in Oia (or anywhere on Santorini for that matter.) I am pleased we selected Oia. The location is spectacular and not nearly as hectic as Fira. You can easily rent a car/scooter/quad to travel between the towns and beaches/attactions of the island or even take the bus. However, Oia was my favorite.

We didn't exactly understand the set-up of the hotel until we arrived: There is the hotel and the suites. They are about a 3 minute walk from each other. We stayed in the Canaves Oia Hotel, Room 14. It was newly renovated with modern, minimalist furniture. It was spacious, clean and had a large bathroom. (My only complaint would be the 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner.) The beds were incredibly comfortable! Maid service was prompt and courteous even when asked to iron our clothes - they do not provide in-room irons so they will iron for you if requested. The hotel is immaculate! It has a small pool and pool bar that are perfect for a quiet day in the sun. The Suites facility has a larger pool and bar along with the restaurant that serves both the hotel and the suites. For breakfast you can have it delivered to your room to eat on your private balcony or walk to the suites for the buffet. Despite staying at the hotel property, we walked to the suites each morning for breakfast. It has a wonderful selection. The food is really good for a small hotel restaurant - each morning was a variety of sweet and savory dishes along with made-to-order eggs. We spent our anniversary dinner eating in the "cave." It was fun and the service is great. I would highly recommend trying the lemon pie for dessert! The staff work long hours and are diligent about answering any request. In total we had all our breakfasts at the suites, dinner one evening, dessert another evening and lunch delievered to the hotel 2 days. Other meals at various spots in Oia.

The staff is very kind and interested in creating a pleasant stay for you. The only recommendation I would make is that they train their new staff a bit on the island layout prior to getting in front of the guests. For example, any employee should be able to point out the surrounding towns on the island or point out a few places as they are first looking out onto the caldera etc.

4  Thank dkc_chi
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed at the Canaves Oia Hotel from May 20 - May 26. I absolutely LOVED this hotel. I've stayed in many hotels and this was by far my best experience. From the exceptional views, the gorgeous room, to the PERFECT service and the wonderful staff, I didn't want to leave. I think the staff was actually on par with the views, everyone was super friendly, always had a smile and went out of their way to be accommodating. It was a great experience. I came alone for a mentally refreshing break and was able to read and get writing done. I knew I was in the right place with the champagne and fruit welcome. :-) I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I was in room 30, I thought it was perfect. :-)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank KMScarlett
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Just back from a stay in the Canaves Hotel - absolutely gorgeous hotel. Very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and the attention to detail that they give. We stayed in a superior room in the hotel section and it was great, minimal decor with a huge bathroom with rainforest shower and a jacuzzi bath. We had breakfast in our room on our own private balcony overlooking the volcano and caldera. The hotel is only five minutes walk from Oia town centre. The hotel restuarant is very good and the staff are excellent. Breakfast is also very good. Would recommend to anyone heading on honeymoon or looking for a peaceful break. Will be going back in a few years when I can leave my kids again !

2  Thank DawnRow_12
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We visited Santorini for our honeymoon and we were blown away by Canaves, both the hotel and the staff. The view is breathtaking and we were greeted by the most pleasant hotel staff, from top to bottom. We stayed in the modern Honeymoon Suite (room 19) with the in-room cave pool and it was immaculate. Thanassis was a pleasure to deal with in reservations and Marcus (GM) re-defines customer service. Marcus spent over a half hour with my wife and I touring the property and then inviting us for champagne by the pool. He is well-spoken and had extensive knowledge about everything to do on the island. We were treated with the utmost respect and the hospitality was second to none. The in-suite breakfast service was off the charts and we loved every second of stay. We will definitely come back. Thanks Canaves.

-Ryan & Kelly