Canaves Oia Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$1,472
Travelocity
US$284
US$167
US$158
Anemomilos Hotel And Villas(Oia)(Great Value!)
US$322
Travelocity
US$330
All reviewsour honeymoonplunge poolpool restaurantjunior suiteamazing hotelpool sideevery morningthe cliffwelcome drinkan upgradebreathtaking viewssunset cruiselounge chairsaegean seathe entire staffthe hotel managerheaven on earth
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We (couple, 29, 32) stayed for 6 nights at Canavas Oia. Watch out what you book: the hotel has two properties, separated by a busy street (5 min walk). Canavas Oia Hotel - not worth the money at all!!! Room nicely renovated BUT: directly at the busy street mentioned above, small balcony, pool also directly at the street (people passing by look at you), lots of better views on the island and in Oia.
Canavas Oia Suites has a beautiful location and nice Pool facilities, BUT:
- Rooms are in "traditional style" euphemism for "not renovated"
- Breakfast is a joke for that room price (coffee is instant, cappuccino costs extra and turns out to be instant coffee with milk foam, very small selection of food)
- Reservation management is unfriendly and arrogant - our room was not free when we arrived, so we had to stay one night in the above mentioned worse part of the hotel and change rooms after the first night. No excuse or anything, at day of departure we had to go to the airport at 1pm and thus asked to stay 1h (!) longer in our room - that was denied. Starting of 11:50am we were called in the room to make sure we check out at 12pm... and this for 400 Euro / night????
-Way too few space at the pool, if you want to ensure a sunbed, better get up early
Positive aspects:
-Very friendly staff
-Great views and balconies
Summing up:
Don’t go there, not worth the money, there are many nicer hotels on the Island and also in Oia even for less money

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Travelcouple713
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This is the third hotel on our two week stay in Greece. From the moment I arrived, I felt like I was the most important guest that they had on the property! Our room was spacious, immaculate and incredibly comfortable. The view of the caldera from every part of the property was incredible. The restaurant manager mentioned to us that he could get us our own fresh fish if we would let him know in advance. The next day, we were treated to our own fresh sea bass that was caught just the night before and de-boned at our table by the nanager. It was absolutely delicious! For this element of our trip, we hardly left the resort. Here, it was time to relax with a drink and enjoy the view!

We also enjoyed an in room massage while we were there. The basic massage involved elements of both eastern and western massage techniques and was different than any massage that I've ever had (and trust me - I have had quite a few massages) and it really worked to relax my muscles like never before. I highly recommend this service while you stay at Canaves Oia.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thisisthedesk
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Having recently returned from a weeks stay at Canves (Oia), I can honestly say it lived up to its expectation of providing a very comfortable hotel in an area of outstanding beauty and in a completely relaxing environment. The hotel and apartments are split over two sites just 80 metres apart, however if you stay in the hotel you will need to transfer to the apartment site where there is a larger pool and if I'm honest a better location for breakfast. But be warned the walk between the sites is via a narrow road without pavement and can be a little challenging watching out for traffic. We were there out of peak season, so I can see it being a little tricky in the summer months.
You also need to decide on contemporary modern or tradional with regards to room types. My wife and I are more clinical and selected the modern style suites and this was of a very good standard, with extremely comfortable bed, jacuzzi bath, separate rain forrest shower, living area with large TV, robes, slippers etc. We enjoyed the spacious room and the comfort it delivered. Staff are very polite and attentive, with cold flannels in the midday heat and and excellent selection from the bar all helping the relaxation. Breakfast was lmited in its offering, but non the less very filling and suitable for the majority. These are quite expensive suites and as I say, do offer a very good standard of comfort, but I have to say that for the money, I have achieved more for less cost. The cost probably being affected by the amazing views from the hotel and the area of Oia overlooking the Caldrea. If you have the money definitely go for it but be mindful of the road and the room style options to suit your taste. You are paying for the views to a degree.

3  Thank tony2709
Reviewed 9 July 2012

There is not enough that I can say about our stay at Canaves Oia in Santorini. My husband and I picked this hotel to spend the first leg of our honeymoon. We arrived late at night, and we were greeted by Alex, the friendliest receptionists I have had the pleasure of meeting. He gave us a tour of the entire property and informed us that we had been upgraded to a beautiful room with a private balcony and a living and dining room.

The view, even at night, took our breath away. Alex was able to get my husband and I a table at the restaurant hotel, even though it was 5 minutes past their closing. The table sat right against the cliff, and was lit by candle light. It was there that we met Vasilis, the head of the restaurant. Vasilis made us feel instantly comfortable, and the staff was friendly and professional, catering to our every need. We ended up eating at this restaurant multiple times on our short stay due to their amazing food and Vasili's company and conversation.

There are two beautiful pools, though our favorite was the larger pool at the suites. The staff gave us drinks and my favorite touch, cool wet towels to refresh in the hot sun.

Our room was spacious and absolute stunning. The bed was extremely comfortable, and I tend to be picky with beds. We ran into a slight issue with the safe, but a call to the friendly Desi at reception quickly fixed the problem.

We hope one day to return, and will forever regard it as the best hotel we've been lucky enough to stay at.

Room Tip: Every room is great!
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Santorini is an extraordinarily beautiful site but over run with tourists and cruise ships. The Canaves Hotel in Oia let us find peace, quiet and beauty away from the hassle, noise that overruns this island. The rooms are lovely, with traditional decor and views that overlook the ocean-filled caldera. You can see the tour boats in the harbor at Fira and feel secure that you don't have to deal with masses they are disgorgining onto the island. The serice at the hotel is simultaneously personal, friendly and professional. The manager, Vasili, is charming, knowledgeable, and helpful. The meals at the hotel were excellent--especially the last night when Vasili bought and cooked for us an amazing whole fish which must have been swimming 10 minutes before we ate it.

This is definitely not a place to bring children since the atmosphere is quiet. When we were there, there were many couples (some gay,who were obviously quite welcome). Everyone was friendly but it was clear that this was an escape for everyone in need of calm and beauty. One family with noisy children appeared one morning. They were gone within 3 hours. I don't know how it was accomplished, but they were clearly out of place and one assumes the management made other arrangements for them as soon as it was noticed that they were disrupting the prevailing peace.

I'm not sure I'd return to Santorini now that I've seen it, but if I ever do, I'll return to Canaves Oia Hotel!

1  Thank susanb11