Canaves Oia Hotel
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
US$1,211
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsour honeymoonplunge poolpool restaurantjunior suiteamazing hotelpool sideevery morningthe cliffwelcome drinkan upgradebreathtaking viewssunset cruiselounge chairsaegean seathe entire staffthe hotel managerheaven on earth
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at this amazing hotel while travelling with my fiance last summer. We talked about this trip for a very long time and when we got there we couldn't be happier. What an amazing resort. Everything was beyond our expectations. We had our own balcony, with an amazing view of the island and a beautiful Jacuzzi in our suite. It was really the perfect way to take in all the surroundings and truly appreciate them.

We took advantage of room service almost every night and all of the staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. It really says a lot when staff takes the time to greet you by name. It may be a while before we can get away together again but we are both certain to return to Canaves Oia for another stay. The lush suite and luxurious hospitality made our romantic vacation an unforgettable experience. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessie M
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Santorini is an amazing place!! When you travel there you definitely have to stay in Oia village!! We loved Canaves we were staying at the Canaves Suites part! It was very charming and romantic.. we had our own balcony with our own warm jacuzzi...(we were mostly using it at the night) we were of course having room service breakfast which was delicious... You should try the Frape (iced coffee). Overall the location of the hotel was perfect... our suite was airy and very nicely decorated in an all white minimal concept.. and the staff was extra friendly and ready to serve us with whatever request!

Room Tip: Choose a suite type with a jacuzzi in the balcony... it is worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George I
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is the best place to go with your significant other. After celebrating 10 years of marriage at home, we left the kids with grandparents and headed to Canaves Oia. We were not disappointed.

Our room was a Superior Suite for 2. I just love the minimal design and the majestic view. We went in early June so the weather was perfect for leaving the windows open. I was sad that we only booked a 4 day weekend because I could have easily spent another week. Being immediately greeted personally is something you do not get very often, and it made us feel important. My husband enjoyed the wine tasting, while I really enjoyed the in-room massages.

The room we booked had a Jacuzzi style bathtub. I really enjoyed relaxing in the tub at the end of the evening. We had an amazing stay (and rekindled the romance) and the hotel gives you a great view of the island. I am now looking for a chance to sneak some more time away.

Room Tip: Splurge for the Suite for 4 for more space and the outdoor Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HBR2002
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I spent the first 4 nights of our honeymoon at Canaves Oia. After a long day of travel, we arrived late in the evening at the airport to a personal driver who was waiting for us and knew our names. We were escorted quickly and seemlessly to the hotel where it felt like the entire hotel staff was waiting for our arrival. After dropping our bags off in our beautiful suite, we were escorted to a private table at the poolside restaurant overlooking the moonlit caldera. Our waiter recommended a few dishes and within 30 minutes of arriving at the hotel we were enjoying the best meal of our vacation - the squid-ink seafood pasta was just delicious!

Our room was private, spacious, clean, and luxurious, with a private jacuzzi pool and a stunning view. In all honesty, there isn't a room in the hotel without an expansive view of the caldera. Highly recommend a room with a private jacuzzi on your balcony - just unbeatable! The breakfasts (delivered to our private balcony every day) were among the most delicious we have ever had in a setting that was literally heaven on earth!

There are a lot of very nice hotels in Oia, all with beautiful views, but I have to say I think Canaves Oia must be the best. It's location is ideal - not far from the main road which made daytime transfers and transportation a breeze, but just far enough removed from the center of Oia to ensure the ultimate in privacy. The staff and service were impeccable. We can't wait to return to Santorini and would stay at Canaves Oia again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DevinK26
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I must express my experience at Canaves Oia in Santorini. I have been married for over 20 years now and my wife and I have never had a Real Honeymoon. I'm a pharmaceutical sales representative and was always away from home for weeks at a time. Well to make a long story short, I retired and wanted to do something special for my wife for all the years she took care of the kids and the home while I was always on the road.

I decided to visit a Travel Agent just to see what I could do to make it Extra Extra Special for the lady that stood behind me over all of the years I left her alone. Linda at the travel agency showed me a bunch of brochures of different places, prices and so on. Well I went through like 30 or more of them and the one from Canaves Oia in Santorini I picked just popped out. This place actually looked and felt like a slice of Heaven.

So I got prices and all from Linda and I was so so excited. Well I decided then and there this was the one. I booked a 7 day stay with them and rushed home to let Marlena my wife know about the trip and I must say she was more excited than I was! Well once we got there, It was more Amazing than it looked on the brochure.

Everything was so beautiful and very clean. I must admit I would stay there forever if I could. If you know how any salesman life is, you would understand. I felt like a no body, but the staff there treated us like we were the most important people in the world. Everyone was so kind to us. Well sorry for going on and on, but it's a part of our life we will never forget and when I get down or start getting depressed over things in my life, I always think about those 7 Wonderful days my Wife and I spent at Canaves Oia and it brightens my life. :)

I'd just like to Thank everyone at Canaves Oia in Santorini for a memory we will never forget...

Thank you all so so much from Stephen and Marlena We love you all....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple