“the best view I ever saw in my life”
Review of Katikies Hotel

Katikies Hotel
Ranked #10 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
“the best view I ever saw in my life”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

hello,I stayed in this hotel twice in 2011,in April and in May!the reason why I came back afther so short time was that when I arrived to this beautiful amazing hotel I had the most amazing and the most beautiful view I ever saw in my life.the hotel is simply the best in Sanorini,the staff is very polite,classy,friendly and very professional as it should be in 5 stars high class hotels.Manager of the hotel is very very good who takes very good care of whole the hotel and he always makes sure that all the guest of the hotel has the best service and the best experience and the best memories.he does his best for to make you to feel special there.because the place is very special with a lot of positive energy around.I willl be defo back again.it was the best holiday for me in my life and I do travel a lot around the world.this place has just something special u will not find anywhere else.go there and see.good luck!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hermes H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed here on our honeymoon in late June/early July 2011, and wow, it was literally worth every penny. Nevermind the view and the overall gorgeousness that is Santorini... From the moment we arrived, the staff was so genuinely friendly, helpful and seriously on top of their game. We joked that they were mind readers, they knew what we wanted before we could even ask for it. We especially love Alexander, the manager. No matter how busy he appeared, we never felt like we were inconveniencing him with questions about the area, nearby restaurants, reservations, etc.

The food was fresh and so incredibly delicious, we still daydream about the breakfast. Our room was two levels, and really modern, yet cozy and comfortable. And yes, the pools and the views were UNREAL. We'd wake up and go straight to the pool most mornings, to grab our favorite loungers and sometimes even ate breakfast watching the ships cruise by. It just never got old.

Everything about it was beyond our wildest dreams, from start to finish. Cannot say enough good things about Katikies and the incredible people who work and stay here.

• Stayed June 2011
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Amazing location, amazing view, amazing service.
This is a fantastic hotel. The manager Alexander is on the job making sure that the staff is very attentive to our needs. The breakfast on our balcony was fantastic. The freshness and the quality was very appreciated.
The pool staff can almost anticipate all your needs.
The room was great, very clean, included a Bose and i-pod filled with great music.
the bathroom and shower were unique and we had complimentary white wine on the arrival and large bottle water every day.

Room Tip: Just enjoy...and walk to some of the many great restaurants in Oia. The staff at the reception are v...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This hotel was top notch with such an amazing view! The infinity pool was my favorite spot, especially with the ever helpful cabana boys running to get more wine and a snack! Your breakfast can be ordered the night before, and shows up on your personal patio at your requested time. The staff was extremely helpful and was fluent in many languages. This hotel made our stay in Santorini absolutely perfect!

Room Tip: I do not believe there are any bad rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lbmastiff
New York, New York
Reviewed 17 September 2011

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights here in August of 2011 and it was nothing short of amazing. The photos posted here by travelers and professionals don't do it justice - it is the most gorgeous property on the island! The staff, service, food (especially breakfast) were all A++++. We didn't want to leave!

The only negative comments are as others say - the main pool is quite small and chairs were taken early in the morning by other guests. As result, we opted on some days to hang out below the main pool by the jacuzzi, or above it by the cave pool and both were great. Service was a little slower outside the main pool area, but the views were so gorgeous and we were so relaxed, it didn't bother us.

Kudos to the property manager who greeted us upon arrival, and we saw greeting almost every arriving guest. Made us feel very special. Our first room was below the restaurant (which we didn't try but wished we would have) so it was a little noisy, but upon telling the manager we were promptly moved the next morning to a different room.

Highly recommend Katikies for a stay on Oia - especially honeymooners!

Room Tip: Avoid room 5 below the restaurant as it gets noisy with chairs moving, etc. in the evenings.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Katikies was the ultimate magical getaway I had ever experienced. Besides the magnificent and indescribable beauty of Santorini, the Katikies offered a superior experience of staying on this Greek isle. The staff truly waited on you hand and foot, as they wanted to do nothing but please you. The hotels many stairs gave such a picturesque view of the island, and almost made you feel like you were in a whole other world. The infinity pool sitting right off the caldera was breathtaking in so many ways. My cousin and I have never experienced such a relaxing getaway such as this one, and I thank Katikies for top notch service and magnificent views from their hotel.

Their wine tasting is a must!!!!! Besides the intimate/private tasting, the views that surround you the the hotel grounds of the open views of Santorini was an experience to be had. I highly recommend doing the wine tasting early evening before dinner. Afterwards head down to Oia Castle to watch the most AMAZING sunset. SPECTACULAR!

I cannot wait to return to Katikies in Oia, Santorini, to relive this magical getaway again. There is no need to look into any other places to stay on this island, as Katikies has to literally be the BEST hidden gem.

Room Tip: All their rooms are splendid, as they all come with a private balcony.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank pidell
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The view at Katikies is stunning! Nothing is better than having breakfast on one's own private terrace, overlooking the Aegean Sea. The infinity pool is also awesome! You can simply lay on one of their sun beds and relax for the whole day. The food at Katikies is also of great quality, from breakfast (their pancake is a must-try) to late lunch to "The Katikies Dinner Experience" (which we think deserves at least 1 Michelin star). One can simply spend his/her whole day in the hotel without having to leave.

The only shortcoming, I believe, is the stairs, but most hotels in Oia would face the same problem I guess. The hotel room is not of a very luxurious type though we stayed in a superior suite, but the view and the services is what would make you return. Though a bit pricey, we would still recommend anyone who is considering to visit Santorini to stay at Katikies and I definitely would go back one day!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Andronis Luxury Suites
Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle
Kirini Suites & Spa
Andronis Boutique Hotel
Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#14 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Katikies Hotel? Share your experiences!