“I go back every year!”
Review of Katikies Hotel

Katikies Hotel
Ranked #15 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels in the world, and definitely they best you will find in Santorini. In the past, I never really cared for the little things a hotel has to offer (like service, complimentary drinks/wine/chocolates) until I met the staff here at Katikies. The most exceptional staff I have ever experiences in any hotel and I travel extensively.

As for the hotel, amazing. It is perfection. The best views that Santorini has to offer. Great food. Spacious room. Extremely clean, pristine in fact. They take care of everything! I feel like I should be paying more (I'm trying my best to not exaggerate here....it really is that great of a hotel.)

Like I said, I go back every year to Santorini and the Katikies has been my choice for the past two tears. I won't look for any other place. It's in the best area and it has everything you need to enjoy Santorini to the fullest.

This is my first review I've ever written online. I'm glad it is about this remarkable hotel.

If you want to check the photos I took with my iPhone (not edited) or have any questions about it that you'd like to ask me, you can always tweet me @djmotwister.

Room Tip: I stayed both at the Katikies Suite and the Junior Suite. Of course the Katikies Suite is the best b...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank DjMoTwister

Reviewed 1 April 2012

This review comes a little late and I want to apologise to the wonderful hotel staff for this. I have stayed at many hotels from the leading hotels group and the curated hotels never disappoints. So i knew this hotel would be amazing. But nothing prepared me for just exactly how wonderful this hotel is.

Nothing at this spectacular property can be faulted. The views and the design of the hotel is beyond this world, especially their crowning glory - the honeymoon suite. This suite is to die for. I can't imagine anyone wanting to leave this place. It has everything. Beautiful airy design throughout with shades of white, offset with touches of wood. The bathroom is spacious and functional, with another bath upstairs tucked inside a cave-like design overlooking the caldera. There is also a private Jacuzzi and terrace, complete with awe-inspiring views. I could go on about the design and the views, but I have attached a few photos so enjoy it for yourself.

To top off an incredible experience, the staff were all wonderful and attentive. The restaurant and the daily breakfast (huge selection from their breakfast menu which you order the night before and brought up to your suite in the morning) was amazing.

Other honorary mentions include: the private airport transfers; the incredible pool area, their wedding package and their sister SPA property.

One last thought, the hotel was featured as a backdrop for one of Hermes' recent print campaigns. So if it's good enough for Hermes, it is good enough for the rest of us!

Room Tip: If money is not an option, I would highly recommend the honeymoon suite. You will never want to leav...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We just got back from our honeymoon at Katikies hotel. It was amazing. Upon arrival, they give you champagne and then show you around the hotel. We were upgraded from a superior room to a junior suite which was great! We had a huge balcony with 2 padded benches to lounge on. It was totally private. It was room #1, right near the pool. But since the hotel is so quiet, being near the pool is really no different than any other room!

The service is amazing. You just call the night before and tell them what you wnat for breakfast and what time...cheese omelette, croissants, scrambled eggs, ham and cheese toast, etc and its delivered to your door the next morning and you eat it on your veranda, overlooking the amazing Aegean sea. We only ate at the Pool Restaurant, Kirini, the last night. It was beautiful and so good! And much more reasonable than the other restaurants! But there are so many restuarants in Oia that you wouldn't wnat ot eat there every night anyway.

The pool area is the most amazing part, i think. The pool is an infinity pool overlooking the Aegean and it makes for some great pictures! There is really so much to say about this hotel. Its perfect.

Stayed September 2005

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Simply the stay of a lifetime. Was recommended by a friend, that we should definitely stay there, which will really make our Santorini stay totally unforgettable. Indeed!
Upon arrival to the hotel by a very rude cab driver, we received immediate help at the front desk by Alex, the hotel manger. Was given a private tour of the facilities by the man himself on the breakfast times, pool opening hours, and also a mobile to dial 1 if any assistance is required at anytime.
Was greeted by a cool room, with music playing in the background, when Alex showed us the room. Absolutely pleasant experience, with a stunning view. We could have breakfast in bed, at the balcony or at the restaurant. Also had 2 staff coming around in the night, to provide night service and to check if there is anything they could provide to make you more comfortable. They also have a range of Katikies experiences provided by the hotel.
Its located right at the beginning of Oia, and good to take a walk out, after enjoying the sunset at the hotel
Though the price is steep, but its an experience we will never forget.

Room Tip: Each individual room has a unique view of its own, we got room number 14, which got us a sunset view...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EJacqs
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Imagine a hotel built on a cliff overlooking the sea on a romantic Greek Island just like in a movie. This hotel is it. The rooms are all remarkable, cut into the rock, each with their own little sitting area to enjoy the views. The infinity pool is the nicest I have seen but it is the view that makes it so wonderful. The food at Katikies is amazing especially the breakfast that you can enjoy poolside or on your private terrace. The whole island of Santorini is just like you imagine after seeing it so often in movies. This place is a must for everyone who can afford it. The small fishing town well below the hotel is a treat to walk to or drive. They have fresh fish every day from their little colourful fishing boats and you can enjoy your meal right at the water's edge. Everything about Santorini and especially the Katikies hotel, is about romance. You need to experience this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnbalmer
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This is the best place to be on Santorini, and maybe any other place in the world. As long as you can do steps, alot of them. After arriving to a cocktail and warm greeting, my husband and I sat on our terrace speechless for about 20 minutes. The view, the energy of the place is mesmerizing. Bossa nova playing in the background, breakfast served on our terrace was delicious. Located in Oia, with plenty of shopping, and restaurants. The sunsets are unbelievable. This is one of those places on the plant that makes you somehow different and when you leave you are never the same...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wanderingrnd
Reviewed 6 December 2011

If you look for the heaven then you found it!
I can't find any word to describe this place is just stunning stunning stunning,
Great management running by the leader Alexander and his staff who create this place once in a life experience and make it be one choice destination for luxury holidays. Don't think it just go there and live the experience!

• Stayed: August 2011