“Awesome Stay of Santorini trip!!!”
Review of Katikies Hotel

Katikies Hotel
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Had been upgraded to this hotel katikies due to a screw-up in my reservation in Villa Katikies. Rather a mixed feelings but turned out to be the best blessing! The hotel was awesome with the best staff. The services was excellent and the pools was simply marvelous especially the indoor cave pool! The room I stayed was huge and really nice, so much that we can order room service and have our meals in the nice big balcony outside our room. The food was actually wonderful and tasty cos we are not expecting anything good from hotel room services. Had posted exact photos of the wonderful place! Will definitely return back here!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Alvin Z

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Fantastic holiday at this lovely hotel.... Staff were so attentive and made our holiday extra special. We would love to go back and especially room 32! I will remember that beautiful view for a long time..
The kemps Worcestershire

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel K
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at Katikies for 4 nights, first of all the level of service is simply excellent. The manager, Alejandro and his staff are really nice and helpfull on everything you need. So thanks again for the hospitality and professional organization. Regarding the facilities, the rooms are really nice and have breathtaking views, we stayed at 14 and it was more isolated than others so I highly recommend this room, you are all over the sea. The pool area is not huge but it is definitely not for 8 persons either as written in some comments.We never had difficulty finding a spot, but you might face problems if you wait until 11am. Alternatively, you have one more area with a smaller pool but in this place you should enjoy the infinity pool so it is worth getting up half an hour early and have a nice spot. The food by the pool and the drinks were great too. The location is the best at Oia, you are at the beginning of the walkway to all restaurants and shops. I would not call it a big problem, but the only issue we faced was the wifi in our room. It worked fine outside but did not work at all inside the room.This is something that needs improvement for sure. Overall, I guess Katikies is well worth a visit and I definietely recommend it as a frequent traveler.

Room Tip: Room 14 is great, very isolated and probably the best view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eren3
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Katikies Hotel in Santorini a year ago (July 2012) and somehow let time slip away before writing this review. It is a credit to this resort that after a year has passed (and several hotels since) we still wanted to make sure we wrote a review letting everyone know about the excellence of this hotel.

From beginning to end, this was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. When you have the view of Oia to live up to, it is not an easy task to have your hotel service match that exceptional and breathtaking scenery. Not only did they match it, but they surpassed it.

We were treated like honored guests from the moment of our arrival. The room was fantastic and quite large. The custom breakfast, served on our private porch was delicious and the pool staff was outstanding (even in 102 degree heat!).

With such amazing service and view we barely left the hotel for 2 days enjoying every minute of our stay.

This is a hotel that will we will definitely return to hopefully for many years to come.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bennypaul
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Katikies Hotel in Santorini is one of the most beautiful hotels i've ever stayed at! The rooms were very clean, the staff were very attentive and helpful, checking in and out was very quick, food was delicious, and the view is just to die for! I can't wait to go back!! Loved everything about this place! Made our mother/daughter trip very memorable! Would highly recommend it!

For anyone who has never been to Santorini, get ready to walk up and down some stairs in order to get to and from your room, regardless of what hotel you're staying at. Bring flats! Heels are useless and will ensure a broken ankle if worn :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank alexandra h
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Come to Santorini if you want a romantic place, but stay at the Katikies Hotel if you want to fall in love with your wife all over again (or your husband, your lifemate, your partner, whoever!). This place is incredible. The staff is attentive and friendly without being obsequious; they give you the impression that they truly want to work at this hotel and make it the greatest in the world. The staff is constantly working; some are washing the walls while others are painting the walls or steps. When you call the front desk for something, it arrives in your room within minutes. On the first night, I asked where my wife and I could eat breakfast, and we were told "anywhere you want!" The pool is stunning, built right into the Caldera cliffs. The guest rooms are spotless and very South-Beachy in look and feel. The food was awesome; I did not have one bad breakfast or lunch there. I skipped their restaurants for dinner and headed to some of the more traditional Greek restaurants in Oia with my wife. On your first day, they greet you with a delicious ice cold lemonade drink, home made, and when you arrive in your room, there is a bottle of Asyrtiko wine in an ice bucket waiting for you. They deliver chocolate truffles to your room every night. No request is rejected and they take care of everything for you.

Room Tip: Ask for Room Number 20. It's on the small side, but you are not going to spend a ton of time in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DanMainLine_PA
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Oia was on my bucket list for a long time, so I was lucky to see it but I was even luckier to stay in this beautiful hotel. We have had a relaxing four days there and we did not want to leave.

The room was fantastic, cleaned twice a day, not just ready for the night turn but actually cleaned! The views were breath-taking.

The food exquisite, I loved the Greek salads, tzatziki and especially the special experience fish menu which was out of this world.

The staff was amazing, pleasant, thoughtful and above all intelligent. Always on alert and ready to help from serving and remembering our favourite drinks to providing the extra towel by the pool when it was slightly windy so we could dry off quickly.

Of course the same goes for the reception and management, thank you to Sofia especially who was kind enough to remind me the odd Greek word that I have forgotten and Alejandro, well done for running a tight ship...

I wish we had more time to explore the island however we have managed to see the best sunset ever at least.

We certainly would recommend this hotel as it has the "X" factor !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple