After looking at about 1000 reviews on tripadvisor, my wife and I decided to stay at the Katikes for the Santorini leg of our Greek honeymoon. What a great choice it was! From the first moment we arrived, the manager Vassiliki came out to greet us and gave us some nice champagne. We were very relaxed after the drive over when the driver came into the airport to help us with our bags after the long trip to Greece.
We were shown our room, given a tour and settled into our room. The room itself was very nice, it was a two floor suite and had wine and fruit waiting in the room when we arrived. The property itself is beautiful and in a nice part of Oia just at the beginning of the promenade with all the shops and restaurants. Yes...there are steps...but you are in Santorini, every hotel has steps. The pool is beautiful and the service at the pool is amazing to say the least. They serve lunch poolside which is very nice and the food was great. In the afternoon they bring by frozen towels and watermelon for the guests at the pool. What else could you want?
Breakfast was brought to our room every morning. Frankly, it was amazing! The greek yogurt was awesome as were the different "pies- spinach, cheese, etc." brought every morning. The view of the caldera from our room was amazing, but really every inch of the hotel has a great view of the caldera.
As as aside, like an idiot I left my hanging bag on the plane, Vasi the manager spent the whole week trying to get it back and succeeded. She TRULY went out of her way to help me out of the problem, and help with everything else during our stay as well. Alex was very nice to deal with and had some great restaurant suggestions.
While you are there, have lunch at Thalami, the food is awesome and the view is good too. Dinner at Sunset Taverna (get the spaghetti with lobster, its amazing) and Ambrosia were great. Also restaurant 218 or 208 is great as well, so was 1800.
* I noticed some of the reviews of people who had problems with their reservations. Please do not be deterred by this. We met some people who experienced these problems, it was a glitch apparently and they all seemed to be compensated very well for their troubles. Had
Overall, the Katikes was amazing. The rooms were great, property great and the staff was even better. I cannot wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Katikies Hotel in Oia Santorini is renowned for its leading luxury, unparalleled services, warm atmosphere and sense of romance uniquely combined in an exceptional setting and natural environment in Oia Santorini, inviting its guests to experience moments of pure luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Katikies Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katikies Hotel Oia
- Katikies Hotel Santorini/Oia